Author Topic: Beats Bluetooth Headphones not playing audio  (Read 2020 times)

MikeJeffries

Beats Bluetooth Headphones not playing audio
« on: April 09, 2019, 12:25:22 PM »
I used to use my SteelSeries Pro Wireless Headset for the audio playback for VoiceAttack, and my Pimax 5k+ VR Headset's Microphone for Recording the commands I give to VoiceAttack.

Now, I changed to use Beats PowerBeats3 Wireless Bluetooth Headphones for the playback (microphone I still use the Pimax's headset's mic), and VoiceAttack is getting the commands but I don't hear any responses through the Beats Headphones.

Anyone know what it could be?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Beats Bluetooth Headphones not playing audio
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 01:01:38 PM »
Hi, Mike.

Sorry - I haven't been able to get to your support email from this morning as of yet.  I hate to be, 'that guy', but Bluetooth on Windows is actually kind of a minefield, as the problem can be any number of a zillion things.  In fact, I purchased a set of Bluetooth headphones this last month and had to return them as the steps to keep them working with Windows completely negated the ease of use dream I had for them ;)  It would work fine for a single ear (hands-free mode) but making it stereo was like ten steps each time you logged in.  The (name brand) support was basically, 'We know - yeah, Windows and maybe fix later - works great with your cellphones, right?'.

I would try just creating a new command, adding a sound and trying each of the channels that you have on your pc to see which one is the right one.  Then, I would search this site for, 'Bluetooth' - you'll see there's different suggestions if that doesn't work out (I think there was one by Exergist not too long ago).

Anything you may find out in your journey - would you mind posting it here?  Seems like it's something that could vary from system to system.

iceblast

Re: Beats Bluetooth Headphones not playing audio
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 09:46:22 PM »
Most bluetooth headphones can't handle stereo sound, plus using the mic. You would have to go into windows sound and switch speakers to hands-free audio for your bluetooth headphones. In my personal experience though, your bluetooth headphones will start buffering audio, and if you stop playing audio, the bluetooth will continue playing audio from the buffer for a few minutes depending on the size of your bluetooth memory buffer. That also means audio sync will probably be lacking as well.

Apparently, there are some bluetooth that can handle stereo while using the mic, but they cost more, they use proprietary technology.

If you want to use the stereo of your bluetooth, then don't use the built in mic, use a 3rd party mic instead.