Author Topic: Please describe Variable Keypress  (Read 2724 times)

Agent86

Please describe Variable Keypress
« on: April 21, 2019, 07:44:36 AM »
Hi, VoiceAttack Forums.

Noob user here.
I was looking at this FAQ here: https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1706.0 and regarding UAC and whitelest etc.

I would like to try to make a voice command to approve/disapprove the UAC as needed. UAC sound prompt is enough for me to use VoiceAttack to Approve / Disapprove

How can I make a voice command to keypress left arrow then enter in order to select YES for UAC screen ?
Or even TAB, TAB, then ENTER would be ok.

However, I'm guessing that UAC window won't let me do anything until I select something and voice attack is froze until a selection is make on UAC screen.

I assume I would use Variable Keypress but I'm not really sure how those commands are suppose to look when using multiple key presses one after the other.

Anyhow just thinking of something to try and Approve/Disapprove with Voiceattack instead of doing anything in task scheduler if this can even be possible.

Please advise
Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Please describe Variable Keypress
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2019, 08:50:05 AM »
You cannot use virtual keyboard or mouse input to affect a UAC prompt, this is a security measure in Windows.

Agent86

Re: Please describe Variable Keypress
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2019, 09:37:21 AM »
You cannot use virtual keyboard or mouse input to affect a UAC prompt, this is a security measure in Windows.

Perfect, thanks for the reply.

I tried to go to the Sim Commander 4 ....exe and elevate permissions there for everything listed in the properties and restarted, but same UAC. So I changed the .exe back to defaults

The Task Scheduler seems to be the sure fire method but seems like Sim Commander 4 should just work either on User or Admin account. I don't really understand why it's set to have such high permission requirements and I'm not going to disable UAC settings.

Seems like running a program as admin should not prompt UAC since you went through the motion of running as admin.

Oh well, thanks