Author Topic: Elite: Voice attack can not enter search field in galaxy map (HOTAS)  (Read 1720 times)

Shodan0000

I'm trying to build a script that reads a text file and line by line to automatically feed waypoints, for example to plan a neutron highway route. Now the scripting is not a problem (I use Python to copy the text and delete the line). However, pasting the text in the search box in the galaxy map will not work.

I use a Thrustmaster joystick and the only way to "activate" the search box is by pressing the trigger. No other keystroke will let me highlight search to be able to paste the text in. Is there any way around this besided using something like vjoy?

Also I am having some issues navigating menus. I use HCS voice pack and the buttons for UI left up down right are all combinations of [L alt] [R alt] and more of these strange things. But when I press both ALT keys it pans the galaxy map. I guess I can just rebind it to something else though.

Anyone of you have some tips for me?

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Elite: Voice attack can not enter search field in galaxy map (HOTAS)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2019, 09:09:13 AM »
you can navigate the galmap using keyboard presses. 2 things you need to do to achieve this. Make sure your galmap keybinds in the game are not the same as the UI keys. By default they are the same so need changing. Secondly, grid lines have to be switched on in the galmap settings. Don't ask me why, it's a game foible :)
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Shodan0000

Re: Elite: Voice attack can not enter search field in galaxy map (HOTAS)
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2019, 10:04:02 AM »
you can navigate the galmap using keyboard presses. 2 things you need to do to achieve this. Make sure your galmap keybinds in the game are not the same as the UI keys. By default they are the same so need changing. Secondly, grid lines have to be switched on in the galmap settings. Don't ask me why, it's a game foible :)

Thanks, I will look in to it. Any idea how to use a keypress to be able to put text in the search box? Now I can only do this by pressing the trigger on my joystick.

Edit:I did not look carefully enough. All this is available in Interface mode --> UI panel left/right/up/down AND select!

Soon I will be riding the neutron highway with the help of automatic waypoint script.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 04:30:10 AM by Shodan0000 »