Author Topic: Commands not recognized in Cyberpunk 2077  (Read 10590 times)

robdh4

Commands not recognized in Cyberpunk 2077
« on: December 10, 2020, 10:31:55 AM »
Just installed Cyberpunk 2077 and it won't accept any VoiceAttack commands. I also have Dragon speech recognition software and that wasn't able to send any keystrokes either. Below is everything I tried, but I'm out of ideas. Physically disabled and literally can't play the game without VA.

Made sure VoiceAttack was up to date.

I already run VA as an administrator, but tried running as both a regular user and administrator just to test.

Usually use 0.1 seconds for keypresses, I tried going lower at 0.06 and much higher at 1.5 seconds.

I checked "send command to this target" and set it to the game window. I switched focus away from the game, activated the command and it did switch back to the Cyberpunk window, but game still didn't execute keypress. Nothing complicated just pressing the Spacebar to continue to main menu.

Tried running the game in Windows 8 compatibility mode and then as an administrator.

Did a Windows update..

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Commands not recognized in Cyberpunk 2077
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2020, 10:37:39 AM »
Hi, Rob

What I am learning today is that the newly-released Cyberpunk 2077 does NOT accept virtual input.  The developer of that game has decided to not allow standard Windows API calls to interact with it.  This is extremely unfortunate, as this will also affect those with disabilities that use VoiceAttack and other tools to play Cyberpunk. 

You can help, though - you will need to write to the developer and ask them why they have removed virtual input from their game, and stress that they've hindered accessibility for many.   If enough people reach out, they may reconsider their position.

Very sorry about that, bud :(

Edit - gonna sticky this topic as I think it's going to be coming up a bit more.

mattwits11

« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2020, 11:19:53 AM »
this solution was posted on reddit. I don't have the game right now..If someone is able to test this with voice attack that would be great.

copied from reddit: BIG THANKS TO oppai

level 1
oppai
1 hour ago
ยท edited 1 hour ago

I reverse engineered this and fixed it. It's a bug in their raw input code and not related to anti-cheat. Here's technical explanation: https://i.imgur.com/ulgcEgs.png

To fix this yourself, grab a hex editor and use the find and replace bytes function to find this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 01 0F 85

and replace it with this:

41 5F 41 5C 5F 5D C3 83 F8 02 0F 84

Note that the .exe must still by named "Cyberpunk2077.exe" or the game will crash on startup.

EDIT: Keyboard is fixed but mouse input may still not work, looking into it.

mattwits11

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2020, 11:31:47 AM »
luckily the solution posted is a temporary one.. this was posted just now on the cdprojektred website :

Moderator Draconifors said:
CDPR are looking into this issue, so it is being acknowledged. In the meantime, feel free to continue sharing any solutions you find.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2020, 02:19:05 PM »
Looks like someone has responded on the VoiceAttack Discord server and has confirmed this works for them.

Just a heads-up - VoiceAttack.com assumes no liability.  Try at your own risk ;)

Good luck!

robdh4

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2020, 02:46:33 PM »
He just solved both keyboard and mouse.

"EDIT: Fixed keyboard + mouse!

FIND

8B 44 24 54 85 C0 75 26

REPLACE

36 8B 07 90 85 C0 75 26

Please revert the old patch if you applied it!"

https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/kb73fr/fix_for_virtual_input_not_working/?utm_term=35762291054&utm_medium=comment_embed&utm_source=embed&utm_name=875b2990-3bf4-11eb-87d3-0e4895a33d8b&utm_content=footer