Author Topic: Pack of voices from win 10 to voice attack  (Read 1971 times)

DRAKO

Pack of voices from win 10 to voice attack
« on: February 16, 2019, 06:15:39 AM »
Hi. I'm trying to get VA to recognize one of the voices that I have installed in Win 10, but of the three that there are only two recognizes me, the female, and I do not recognize the male.
I have looked at several threads in this forum like uploading the package of voices to win 10, but hey, I have not needed to use it since I have it installed.
I understood that VA, directly recognizes the voices installed in the Operating System, but it is possible that I am doing something wrong and that is why I do not appear.
Thank you for your cooperation.
------
Translation made with the google translator (Spanish - English)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Pack of voices from win 10 to voice attack
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 12:31:09 AM »
What is the name of the unrecognized voice? Is it a mobile voice?

DRAKO

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 03:59:28 PM »
It is the voice of Pablo. Attached picture of my voice settings

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 04:20:51 PM »
That is indeed a mobile voice, which will not work with most TTS applications(not just VoiceAttack) as they're not SAPI5 compatible.

You could try "Helena", which should have a SAPI5 version according to this list.

DRAKO

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 04:54:16 PM »
ahhhh ... thank you very much, you are very kind for the answer. I'm using Helena as a voice for AI on board, but since I have the Star Citizen game, what I want to do is have a male voice for Galaxipedia. I find the experience with the simulator more interesting and more immersive. Could you advise me some masculine voice compatible with the VA ?. Thanks and greetings from Gran Canaria, Spain.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 05:10:20 PM »
Pretty much all of the Microsoft SAPI5 voices appear to be female, regardless of language, so aside from "David" for US English, there doesn't seem to be much available through them.

If you're willing to spend the money, Ivona voices are generally some of the best available, and they do have "Enrique", which is a male Spanish voice.

DRAKO

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2019, 05:15:44 AM »
Thanks for the info. regards