Author Topic: Does VA query conditions from the log file?  (Read 1677 times)

KinkyJalepeno

Does VA query conditions from the log file?
« on: January 21, 2019, 08:14:09 AM »
Hi folks,
I'd really like to start writing some decent level profiles for Elite but I'm unsure of how VA checks the state of conditions in game such as :-

• Are hardpoints deployed ?
  • Is the ship in normal space ?
  • Is the cargo scoop down ?

Can someone point me to some documentation that explains how VA ascertains these conditions?

Example (simple) - I say "cargo scoop up", VA responds with "Thats already done" because it's checked the scoop status somewhere and knows it's not down.  Where did VA check this state?

Thanks in advance.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Does VA query conditions from the log file?
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2019, 09:13:45 AM »
This requires a 3rd party plugin to achieve, as VA directly is not able to do this

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2019, 09:17:27 AM »
Where the information comes from depends on how the third-party profile/plugin author configured this.

You can have internal state variables within VoiceAttack that have their values set when certain commands are executed(I.E. their state is completely separate from the game you're interfacing with, and can lose synchronization), or a plugin that retrieves data from the game in some way and feeds that into VoiceAttack variables.

VoiceAttack does not natively pull data from any game, so again, this is something you'll want to ask the author of the third-party plugin/profile you have installed.

KinkyJalepeno

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2019, 10:06:14 AM »
Ah right, thanks both...

KinkyJalepeno

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2019, 10:10:00 AM »

You can have internal state variables within VoiceAttack that have their values set when certain commands are executed

If I create such a variable for my scoop for instance in command 1, will that variable be available to reference in another command to check it's state?

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2019, 10:50:43 AM »
Yes, by default all variables are global(I.E. any command from any profile can access them during the same VoiceAttack session).

KinkyJalepeno

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2019, 02:20:40 AM »
Lovely thanks