Author Topic: ED: Voiceattack and Alix HCS are not working properly  (Read 2049 times)

Joe_B6

ED: Voiceattack and Alix HCS are not working properly
« on: January 03, 2019, 11:29:28 AM »
Hi folks, I've recently purchased Voiceattack and Alix HCS voicepack. I've also followed the instructions to install and import the Alix profile plus the windows 10 configuration, which seems fine. When I open the tool, it seems that it can recognize the profile and it's waiting for ED to be opened, so I proceed to open the game.

Before to proceed on what are the issues specifically I want to say that I have already seen Voiceattack + HCS voicespack in action, it seems a good combination between human and AI, so you can basically "talk" with your computer and it is going to answer.

But not for me, so usually I start with the common instructions like: hello Alix, or hi, or simple in game command like "landing gear" etc but the tool is not answering properly.
While for any greetings like Hello, Hi, Alix, etc the tool is not answering at all, when I use the common in game commands, the tool is answering after circa 5 sec in delay.

Sometimes VA is talking alone like somebody gives a command (which I didn't and the room was totally silent).

I have checked the VA report and I see a lot of "unrecognized command" or command totally different on what I have actually said (like NO instead of Hello, or YES instead of Hi).

I didn't find any valuable solution around, and also no updated video instructions on how to set the things properly and how I can avoid such issues.

Any help?

Gary

• Administrator
Re: ED: Voiceattack and Alix HCS are not working properly
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 11:38:43 AM »
Hi, Joe.

Firstly, if there is a long delay between what you are saying and VA reacting to what you have said, it's possible that your speech profile has become corrupted.  You'll want to take a look at this thread for that (ignore the title):  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=64.0

If you've got spurious, 'unrecognized' and 'recognized' commands popping up, you've got some line noise going on that the Windows speech engine is thinking is speech.  This could be lending itself to the problem above (just speculating).  For line noise, you'll want to take a look at this thread:  https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0

...and scroll down to "I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things".  Actually, you may want to do this one first just in case it solves the delay issue (it could just be so noisy that the speech engine thinks speech is continuing).

Hope that helps some!

Joe_B6

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 12:14:28 PM »
Hello Gary, and thanks for the answer.
I have done a carefully look to this guide: https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0.

Are all a useful information but there is something that is not really clear for me. Specifically this part:

First, and foremost, if you are using a built-in speech engine (that is, the speech engine that came with Windows and not a speech engine you explicitly installed (more on that later)), I cannot emphasize more about the importance of training your speech engine.  In fact, running through the training two or three times will help the speech engine learn a bit better.  The difference between a trained speech engine and an untrained, trainable speech engine is like night and day.  There's lots of documentation here there and everywhere about that (including the help document), so, I won't go into that here.   Just know that if you've just now installed VoiceAttack for the first time and are wondering why there is almost no accuracy, this is the place to start.

I dunno if I understood clearly, but before to get the best result from VA should I enable and play with the Windows speech engine? Because it was already enabled and when I start VA it ask me to close the speech engine otherwise VA cannot work.

For the other link you have mentioned, I have already created a new Speech Engine profile before to open this thread without any resolution.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 01:41:02 PM »
If you are being asked if you want to close an app when VA starts, that is going to be the Windows Speech Recognition app that comes installed with Windows.  VA asks if you want to close that down, as it may cause confusion when two speech recognition apps are running concurrently.  It's ok to stop the app.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 07:28:43 PM »
make sure you have VA's target set to Active Window and not the game itself
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.