Author Topic: intermittent shutdown  (Read 1334 times)

jonchance

intermittent shutdown
« on: January 01, 2019, 09:27:03 AM »
Every time I log into elite dangerous voice attack shuts down.  I have followed all the suggested steps such as disabling joysticks in voice attack as well as running system file checker and I still keep having this happen. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: intermittent shutdown
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2019, 10:12:45 AM »
Are you running any plugins by chance?  If you go to the options screen and then go to the General tab, there is a checkbox labeled, 'Enable Plugin Support'.  Uncheck that box and restart VA.  You can also click on, 'Plugin Manager' and see what all is loaded and try disabling individual plugins from there to see if the problem goes away.

If that does not solve the problem, please look in your VA installation folder and see if there is a VoiceAttackFault.txt file in there.  If so, you can either post the contents of it here or send it to support@voiceattack.com.

Hope that helps!

jonchance

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2019, 11:38:31 AM »
hmm, it seems to be the EDDI plugin, but it was working fine the last time I played with no changes. Odd but ok

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2019, 01:24:01 PM »
They have made some updates not terribly long ago.  You'll want to make sure you're using the latest version of EDDI and VA.