Author Topic: Problems with VA and PTT key  (Read 1884 times)

dazzys

Problems with VA and PTT key
« on: December 29, 2018, 03:45:06 AM »
Hi All,

I have this very annoying issue with VA which is basically making me not use it as it's so unreliable.

I have configured my left CTRL key as a PTT (push to talk) and invariably although I press the key and hear a confirmation chirp it will only work (or give me this chirp) 3 times out of 10. This means VA isn't listening to me and is unable to control my Elite Dangerous profile.

Any clues as to what to try?

Cheers
Daz

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Problems with VA and PTT key
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2018, 07:52:34 AM »
Is it possible that some other application is hooking the CTRL key (could even be VA) ?

The first thing I would try is changing to another key that would probably not be used by another app (or VA profile).  I usually go for the '~' key on the US keyboard.

Is it possible that there's a command that has an action that is turning, 'listening' on or off?

dazzys

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2018, 11:16:24 AM »
Thanks but there's no key that I can find that's bound to the left CTRL. As I said before sometimes it works but more often it doesn't!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »
At the moment, I'm not able to reproduce the problem, as using CTRL for PTT works for me consistently (with prolonged presses as well as rapid presses).   I would normally not use a modifier key (CTRL, Alt, Shift, Windows) for PTT as those keys are highly utilized, which is why I'm wondering if something is interfering with it somehow (third party app?).  Did you ever try binding PTT to another key to see how that works?