Author Topic: VA commands being triggered randomly.  (Read 2856 times)

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
VA commands being triggered randomly.
« on: December 26, 2018, 04:12:35 AM »
Hey there folks I'm wondering if you could help me out here.

I've just build a new rig and installed VA and all my scripting etc.

I've noticed that VA gets triggered alot when I'm not speaking and a few commands get triggered, is there anyway for me to help VA not get triggered so much? I'v ran the windows speech training a few times now but VA still get triggered with by a few commands even when I'm not talking. I've got the confidence levels showing on the commands and they are  ranging from the 20s-60s levels. I've never had to mess with the confidence levels on my old rig and using the same mic phone
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7
ASUS P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 12Gb G.Skill, Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix (4Gb), ThrustMaster T-Flight HOTAS X, Cosair Void RGB USB Gaming Headset, TrackIR, EDDI, Voice Attack, ED Engineer

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: VA commands being triggered randomly.
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2018, 04:27:27 AM »
I've got the confidence levels showing on the commands and they are  ranging from the 20s-60s levels.
All commands or just the ones that are erroneously recognized?

What is your microphone recording level set to? Did the speech recognition training try to turn it down? Do you have any microphone volume boosting options enabled?

It's possible this is caused by the microphone input being overly amplified, or line noise. Have you tried listening to it to check for that?

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2018, 04:48:27 AM »
I've got the confidence levels showing on the commands and they are  ranging from the 20s-60s levels.
All commands or just the ones that are erroneously recognized?

What is your microphone recording level set to? Did the speech recognition training try to turn it down? Do you have any microphone volume boosting options enabled?

It's possible this is caused by the microphone input being overly amplified, or line noise. Have you tried listening to it to check for that?

They seem to be random commands but always recognized commands.

I've set my mic to 100% don't look like speech recognition turned it down and no mic boosting options enabled

Using my Corsair Wireless headset if thats any use

I did a short recording just talking into the mic and sounds ok from what i can tell no line noise or anything that I can see
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7
ASUS P6TD Deluxe, Intel i7 960 @ 3.2GHz, 12Gb G.Skill, Windows 7 SP1 (64bit), ASUS Geforce GTX 970 Strix (4Gb), ThrustMaster T-Flight HOTAS X, Cosair Void RGB USB Gaming Headset, TrackIR, EDDI, Voice Attack, ED Engineer

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2018, 08:21:39 AM »
Heya, B - you've got some line noise going on for sure.  You'll want to take a look at this thread:
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0

Scroll down to the part labeled, "I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things".  You're not going to be able to detect it, but the speech engine is picking something up.  VA doesn't just randomly start executing commands (unless of course you have a command that randomly executes commands lol).  I'd start by trying a different headset (a wired usb one if you have it).

Hope you had a merry Christmas ;)

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2018, 10:12:56 AM »
Heya, B - you've got some line noise going on for sure.  You'll want to take a look at this thread:
https://forum.voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1635.0

Scroll down to the part labeled, "I'm not saying anything but VoiceAttack keeps hearing things".  You're not going to be able to detect it, but the speech engine is picking something up.  VA doesn't just randomly start executing commands (unless of course you have a command that randomly executes commands lol).  I'd start by trying a different headset (a wired usb one if you have it).

Hope you had a merry Christmas ;)

ok I just plugged my wireless usb headset into a onboard USB port and seems to be better, I've had it in my new case extended USB port. But since I have changed it over nice and quiet and no ghosts but just in case have you got the Ghostbusters hotline ? :D
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2018, 10:16:35 AM »
Are you old enough to remember the Ghostbusters Hotline?

You could actually call a real 1-800 number back in '84 :)

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2018, 10:22:49 AM »
Are you old enough to remember the Ghostbusters Hotline?

You could actually call a real 1-800 number back in '84 :)

Yup I'm old enough for the ORIGINAL version, hell I think at the time I was even thinking of making a proton pack and that sound track was BANGING :D
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7

Bumble B

• Bumble B Gaming
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2018, 05:56:18 AM »
ok i think i found something, every time i set the mic levels down and start VA sets it to 100%. Is there a way to stop VA from doing that cause its turning my mic up too much and hearing everything it seems. This could be my issue.

I've checked "Disable Adaptive Recognition (useful for noisy environments)
Disable acoustic echo cancellation

Played around with a whole load of things on the confidence levels recognised speech delay etc.

but as soon as I lower the headset microphone level even with VA not running as soon as I start VA it puts the mic level up to 100%
--
CMDR Bumble B ö7

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2018, 06:27:58 AM »
That's not VoiceAttack's doing, but the speech recognition engine's.