Author Topic: problem with prefix exclusions not working  (Read 1241 times)

greyab

problem with prefix exclusions not working
« on: December 16, 2018, 06:45:37 PM »
having an issue with voice attack picking up sounds at the start of a command that it recognises as words, i have added the most commone to the prefix exclusion list but that doesn't seem to have helped.
<see attachments>
any ideas why this is not working as it should and what i can do to resolve this?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: problem with prefix exclusions not working
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2018, 09:44:21 PM »
From the behavior I can observe, I would assume this option relies on the same mechanism dictation does, I.E. the speech recognition engine making its best guess at what you're saying.

Because of this, as instead of selecting a phrase generated by a command the speech recognition engine freely picks how it will write out words, if your command uses phrases like "90%", those will not be matched to the "90 per cent" the speech engine outputs.

As this is likely an inherent limitation of how the speech recognition engine works, you can only try (re)training your speech recognition profile, using a microphone with good noise cancelling and a pop filter, and minimizing environmental noise.

Gary

• Administrator
Re: problem with prefix exclusions not working
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2018, 10:21:01 PM »
Something that does work for me in this case is to redo the commands to 90% instead of '90 percent' or '90 per cent'.  As Pfeil has stated, you've kind of run into an area of Windows speech recognition that can get a little squirrelly, as the speech engine doesn't have, 'to 90 percent' as a dictionary entry and is not getting things right.  If you DO have '90%' as the entry, and the speech engine is getting, 'to 90 per cent', you may want to say, 'percent' a little faster, as it looks like it is picking it up as two words.

I got to sit in on the new HCS, 'Apollo' recording and got to try on the headphones - you can hear almost every single sound your face makes, so, it's possible your mic could be just a little too hot.