Author Topic: Stop Wings of Prey losing focus?  (Read 883 times)

Dai-San

Stop Wings of Prey losing focus?
« on: January 15, 2021, 11:37:44 AM »
Hi,

I've recently reloaded and started playing Wings of Prey again and have come across an issue that I never had before as I never used to stream my gameplay.

The issue is that in my VA profile I have the key commands to switch Streamlabs OBS streaming on and off as well as switch between different Scenes (Starting soon screen, Ending soon Screen, Live screen etc).

These commands are set in the Edit a Command screen to Send command to this target: Streamlabs OBS as obviously if they were not it would send the command to the game.

However, every time I use the commands the game screen minimises and I have to tab back into the game or click the minimised Icon in the taskbar. As you can imagine this is not only annoying but also causes Streamlab OBS to lose the game stream as it is minimised.

All my other games work fine with this setup and don't switch the active focus to Streamlabs OBS except one other, Ground Branch.

VA is set to run as admin if this makes any difference but apart from that let me know if you need any other information.

Hope I have been concise enough and hope to hear from someone soon.

Many thanks

Bryan

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Stop Wings of Prey losing focus?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2021, 11:49:44 AM »
The Windows input system is designed so an application must have focus to receive normal input, this is not a VoiceAttack-specific limitation.

Unless you are using a device that does not use the standard input system, E.G. a gamepad or joystick, the majority of games would normally stop receiving input if you switch to another application.

Applications that run in exclusive fullscreen mode are also likely to minimize when they lose focus; You could try (borderless) windowed mode instead.

If you don't want to or can't switch focus to the target application, you're going to have to use something other than standard keyboard and mouse input to interface with it. For OBS, this command line tool (which VoiceAttack can execute using the "Run an Application" action) may be an option.