Author Topic: VA window cant be accessed <SOLVED>  (Read 1474 times)

popalu

VA window cant be accessed <SOLVED>
« on: November 07, 2018, 01:28:06 PM »
When I start VA, it runs as administrator, minimised, as normal

But, tonight I tried to maximise to access the commands, and it is not showing on the task bar, only as an hidden icon, which refuses to maximise

So, I cannot get access to any command interfaces or options, I can only right click the minimised icon and it does nothing, I'm using the latest Astra pack and Singularity profile from HCS

Is thre anyway to get the interface back up, as don't want to uninstall and reinstall, is there a quick fix, or is it a full reinstall?

Updating GFX driver to maximise my screen 6080 x 2560 and menu dropped off page, only corner of the window visible, dragged back into view and all good, bloody Nvidia

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA window cant be accessed
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2018, 01:34:50 PM »
Not sure if your settings have gotten borked up somehow.

Try this:

Hold down CTRL + Shift when you double-click on the VA icon to launch VA.  You'll then see the, 'Load Options' screen.  Select the option to clear your settings (last option on the list...  your profiles and registration will still be intact).  Click, 'OK' and see if that works.  If that does work, is there any way you can reproduce the issue?

popalu

Re: VA window cant be accessed <SOLVED>
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2018, 01:36:33 PM »
Thanks Gary, solved, it was NVidia driver update, dropped window off edge of the viewable screen, only a small VA logo in bottom left to see it, sneaky

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA window cant be accessed <SOLVED>
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2018, 03:22:01 PM »
I should probably update that screen with an option to just reset screen positions.

Glad you got it sorted & thanks for the update!