Author Topic: Exclude shortcut triggered commands from log  (Read 5048 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Exclude shortcut triggered commands from log
« on: June 25, 2016, 09:50:09 AM »
As I have a second monitor, I have VoiceAttack visible at all times, which allows me to keep an eye on the log to see whether my speech commands are recognized; With shortcut commands(I.E. keypresses, joystick buttons, and mouse), the log tends to scroll quickly, and the movement in the corner of my eye is quite distracting.

Therefore, I propose:

Either a "Hide shortcut commands", where those commands are still logged, but not shown(allowing you to toggle the option off and see what was triggered before if you need to).

Or, if the former is technically difficult(as the "log" appears to only be kept by the list itself, as toggling "Show latest entry only" deletes everything else), simply an "Exclude shortcut commands" option.

Ideally, while more complex to implement though much more flexible, a keyword based exclude; E.G. "Shortcut*;Listening*;Unrecognized*;*Pause for [0..3] seconds*", perhaps with a toggle option from the log context menu(E.G. "Use custom exclude list").

EDIT: While it requires modifying all affected commands, I now use the "Ignore an Unrecognized Word or Phrase" action to hide the log entry.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 06:37:38 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Exclude shortcut triggered commands from log
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 12:04:58 PM »
Have you tried the compact mode?  It shows only the last item executed.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Exclude shortcut triggered commands from log
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 04:10:27 PM »
I had not, but looking at it now, it's similar to the "Show latest entry only" option, with the added disadvantage that the colored icons aren't present, making it impossible to see at a glance what type the output is likely to be.

Either way, I like having the list present, and because the yellow is close enough to the white, I can easily ignore "Unrecognized" entries, but any other color immediately jumps out.

This feature may not be widely useful enough to implement, I understand.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 08:32:59 PM by Pfeil »