Author Topic: Key combinations using the TAB key  (Read 2497 times)

ark1320

Key combinations using the TAB key
« on: June 30, 2018, 09:31:05 AM »
As a response to a verbal command, is there a way to assign keypress combinations using the TAB key, e.g., TAB+G, TAB+F3, etc, like there is using the SHIFT or CTRL keys, eg, SHIFT+T, CTRL+F1, etc? If so, how do you do it since there is no TAB key icon on the Add a keypress window?
Thanks,
Al

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Key combinations using the TAB key
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2018, 11:52:27 AM »
Tab is not a modifier key(a key which does not produce input by itself, but modifies input by other keys), so it's not intended to be used for key combinations.

However, you could trigger a command off the tab key, then check if another key is pressed simultaneously.

Something like this:
Code: [Select]
Begin Device State Check :  Keyboard Key 'G' Is Pressed
    Execute command, 'command 1'
Else If Device State Check :  Keyboard Key 'F3' Is Pressed
    Execute command, 'command 2'
End Condition

You may want to add a delay(pause action) before the check, depending on how long you need to hit the second key in the combination after pressing tab.

ark1320

Re: Key combinations using the TAB key
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 12:42:52 PM »
OK, I understand what you are saying.  I wan't sure if TAB could be used with Voice Attack as I described because there are applications where you can combine the Tab key with others. For example, when using FSUIPC with Microsoft Flight Simulator, you can use Tab+(some key) to run a particular Lua script. 
Thanks very much for the idea on how to proceed with Voice Attack.
Al
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 12:49:20 PM by ark1320 »