Author Topic: control of volume for individual outputs  (Read 3337 times)

Malic

control of volume for individual outputs
« on: December 03, 2017, 04:41:14 AM »
Right now, you can adjust the volume of individual apps, but i am looking to control individal outputs

Two examples of functionality:

First, My current set up, I have all sound outputting via speakers, and then a stereo mix, with a listen to this device option enabled, and playback though the Oculus Rift.

For Twitch streaming, the volume is not changed, but I would like the ability to raise and lower volume of the stereo mix via VA, but there is no current way to control those inputs

Second, I do have a command that changes from headphones to an optical output for speakers, but as a safety measure, would like for it to default the volume to a lower level on change so sounds do not start to shake the house and annoy neighbors.  As there is still only functions to control apps and not the main volume controls this is impossible.

EDIT by Pfeil: The "Set Audio Level" action can control the volume for recording and playback devices.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 12:05:01 PM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: control of volume for individual outputs
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2017, 04:54:47 AM »
In the mean time, I believe NirCmd may be able to do this. Search for "setsysvolume" in this list.

You can have VoiceAttack run NirCmd through the "Run an Application" action, using the "With these parameters" field to specify the device and volume.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2017, 09:26:06 AM »
Interesting... I need to look at controlling individual devices.  Right now the system option is just whatever the default playback device is.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2017, 10:04:03 AM »
I use AutoHotKey for this. VA.ahk is the main audio function script that does the brunt work of dealing with a secondary/tertiary sound card, and I have a normal "audio" control script that calls those functions.

This allows me to tweak audio for a 2ndary audio device without having to swap audio devices whilst they are running (some apps don't like that).

Also means that I can tweak mic volume/"playback speakers" which are actually my 2ndary audio device (as VM banana requires one of its setups to be set as default audio device so that it can do the mixing), or any other device that I choose to.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2018, 10:15:24 PM »
This has been included in beta version v1.7.0.8.  Hope that helps some!