Author Topic: [Solved]Voiceattack hangs when clicking preview in say something(older profile)  (Read 2188 times)

BoneScrolls

Hello, since a few updates back I'm experiencing  a program crash when I open a profile and want to edit a say something line then click preview or just right off click on the preview button.
If I edit it  then save  then go back and preview  then it also hangs.
If I make a new profile its no problem and if I first delete the line and insert a new one  its also ok.
(edit sorry missed the report of jericho_fever same issue , SSML not used btw)

BTW.  thanks a Megaton for the darkmode (-toggledark) option ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 02:16:27 AM by BoneScrolls »

Gary

• Administrator
So, what you are saying is that if you edit an older profile's, 'Say Something with TTS' action and click, 'Preview', it will hang, but if you edit it or create a new profile it will be fine?

If so, is it possible to export an offending profile, zip it up, and send it over to me at support@voiceattack.com so I can take a look at it?

Side note- you can now toggle, 'dark mode' by right-clicking on the icon in the top-left corner of VoiceAttack's main screen.  You don't need the command line parameter any more ;)

BoneScrolls

mail send

BoneScrolls

Hey Gary ,

ok I think I got it figured. Thanks to your remark about the voice I use, started  trying stuff related to that.
Before in the Say Something With Text-To-Speech  window the voice setting was always  at "default" as the "Ivona 2 Amy" voice is the default I use on my PC which so far always  worked ok.

If I now set it explicitly to "Ivona 2 Amy" everything works fine and VA doesn't hang anymore !

And VA seems to remember what I used last in Say Something I don't have to reset it every time , just  when editing old entries.

So as far as I can see  problem solved.

btw.  the single TTS instance setting doesnt make a difference here.

As this all happend recently and VA doesnt seem to be the cause (tried other versions also) I suspect the recent Windows 10 update borked things up ;)

Thanks for the quick help.
Regards

Malic

I am using the IVONA voice Nicole, and am getting this same hangin issue when I try to type something and preview.  Only issue is that I make my Elite: Dangerous profile public, so having to go in and change every single TTS instance is a no go.

Has there been a fix that still allows this to be used when on the default windows TTS voice option?

BoneScrolls

Malic,  the following should work for you.
edit one of the commands when you change the voice from default to the one you are using (Nicole) below the tickmark Mass update should become available.
Apply that and confirm then save.