Author Topic: bindED & EDDI confusion  (Read 6247 times)

Uncivil11

bindED & EDDI confusion
« on: May 31, 2018, 05:15:13 PM »

I am currently experiencing difficulties getting the most out of Voice Attack using Malics 3.0 if help is available. I am myself quite confused and fumbling around in getting this setup properly.  I have searched for solutions and perhaps overlooked and if this has been addressed previously I apologize.  I also posted in the ED Forums yesterday but haven't gotten any feedback so I am trying here as well.

1. I see commands that say Disabled before the actions. One of them in the startup looks to me like the bind keys which seems like the instruction "Next, you will need to create a command in VoiceAttack to call the bindED plugin which (optionally) includes the Elite: Dangerous binds file that you want to use." Am I not understanding? In my case I am using Steam edition VA and ED so I figured out there are 2 Frontier Folders after a lot of frustration.

2. I cannot for the life of me find the screen for the profile options listed in the instruction "Once you have everything installed make sure to go into profile options and make sure <ON PROFILE LOAD: Bind Keys;Reset Key Binds> is set to trigger on VA startup (seen below)" Has this been changed with VA 1.7 or am I missing it completely?

3. I cannot figure out how to get EDDI to give me all the information it used to when I jump into a system line it did when I used the standalone. I see a lot of commands that say "voice disabled" do I need to do something to enable this voice?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: bindED & EDDI confusion
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2018, 02:50:05 AM »
I don't have E:D, but I took a quick look at the profile:

1. I see commands that say Disabled before the actions. One of them in the startup looks to me like the bind keys which seems like the instruction "Next, you will need to create a command in VoiceAttack to call the bindED plugin which (optionally) includes the Elite: Dangerous binds file that you want to use." Am I not understanding? In my case I am using Steam edition VA and ED so I figured out there are 2 Frontier Folders after a lot of frustration.
The instructions on the E:D forum were partially copied from the bindED topic, but it does seem the "Bind Keys;Reset Key Binds" command already has this feature set up.

Have you tried enabling the action under "Steam default location"(Right-click the action, click "Enable Action" in the context menu, click "OK", click "Done" or "Apply" to save the command) and running the command?

2. I cannot for the life of me find the screen for the profile options listed in the instruction "Once you have everything installed make sure to go into profile options and make sure <ON PROFILE LOAD: Bind Keys;Reset Key Binds> is set to trigger on VA startup (seen below)" Has this been changed with VA 1.7 or am I missing it completely?
Click , then click , in the "Profile General" tab check the "Execute a command each time this profile is loaded" option, select the relevant command in the dropdown below it, click "OK", click "Done" or "Apply" to save the option.

3. I cannot figure out how to get EDDI to give me all the information it used to when I jump into a system line it did when I used the standalone. I see a lot of commands that say "voice disabled" do I need to do something to enable this voice?
"(voice disabled)" means the command cannot be triggered by speech recognition, I.E. if you speak the command phrase, nothing will happen.

These commands are usually intended as functions to be triggered by another command or a plugin/inline function.

If they have a keypress or joystick button trigger assigned to them, they could also be intended to do the opposite(trigger another command when they run).

It does not restrict which actions are available within the command, E.G. text-to-speech, playing sounds, or executing plugin functions will all work.

Uncivil11

Re: bindED & EDDI confusion
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2018, 09:21:12 PM »
You sir have been a tremendous help. Due to your suggestions I am now working properly. Thank you kindly!