Author Topic: Huey profile - UHF tuning  (Read 1033 times)

Sprool

Huey profile - UHF tuning
« on: March 10, 2022, 04:10:54 AM »
Having a nightmare trying to get VA to recognise "UHF comm tuning" in Bailey's Huey profile for DCS.
Some of my favourite misinterpretations are;
"New age of Kant"
"You wait yes"
"Year age of Kant"
"knew 80th"
"you wages tuning to one servant"

When it finally recognises UHF comm tuning it wont read the frequency - i get 'error converting,[thirdDigit] to [thirdDigit]:Text parse error.

Any hints on getting it to recognise UHF and sort out the text parse error would be greatly appreciated in the New Age of Kant.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Huey profile - UHF tuning
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 10:21:45 AM »
Have you trained your speech recognition profile at least three times? Instructions for additional training can be found here.

You may also want to try adding the individual words to the speech recognition dictionary, and recording a custom pronunciation for them.
Click the wrench icon on VoiceAttack's main window, and on the "Recognition" tab of the VoiceAttack options window click the "Utilities >" button, then choose "Add/Remove Dictionary Words", and follow the steps.

Sprool

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2022, 11:18:29 AM »
Yes spent quite a long time going thru the training today but I will try additional taining and replacing UHF with something more recognisable. What I dont get is the error messages being reported - 'error converting,[thirdDigit] to [thirdDigit]:Text parse error,
and:
"Decimal token could not be converted : {TXT:saidTxtB4Decimal}

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2022, 11:35:51 AM »
Those messages indicate that the input is not of a valid format for the output type. E.G. it does not solely consist of numeric characters.

If this profile is using dictation (wildcards in the spoken phrase also use dictation), it relies on the speech recognition system accurately recognizing speech without any real context, which requires a well-trained speech recognition profile, a microphone well-suited to speech recognition, a quiet environment, and careful pronunciation/annunciation.

Sprool

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 05:37:41 AM »
Been through the voice recognition coaching again, tweaked the gain on my mic but still the Huey profile from Bailey, in particular the radio comms, is causing so many issues recognising what I am saying.
Its hard to get it to tell between VHS an VHF, UFH and You ... to and 2
Does anyone know, is there any other similar profile available using VA to set radio frequencies in the Huey that I could test?