Author Topic: "Enable Plugin Support" checkbox <<(and plugin list)  (Read 6074 times)

Incryptx

"Enable Plugin Support" checkbox <<(and plugin list)
« on: January 18, 2018, 01:36:55 PM »
In VA's configuration, one checkbox called "Enable Plugin Support" only requires a "checked/unchecked" box answer, but could this checkbox also display a list of what plugins are actually present, or installed?

The only other way to do this is to visit the directory where VA lives.

For troubleshooting VA, it may be useful to look at the "Enable Plugin Support" checkbox, just to see if you have plugins installed, the right plugin installed, the version of the plugin, or whether the plugin is missing for some reason.

The menu which contains the plugin support is a configuration window, and it would be helpful to be able to open a window in VA which shows what plugins are available, and for a future feature, possibly the ability to "checkbox" which plugins run at startup.

Just a thought.

EDIT by Pfeil: "Plugin Manager" has been implemented
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 11:46:51 AM by Pfeil »

rpoteat

Re: "Enable Plugin Support" checkbox <<(and plugin list)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 05:46:04 PM »
I second this - to have the ability to turn a specific plugin on or off within Voice Attack would be a huge help. The feature should also have a "restart" option so you can turn a plugin on or off and restart after saving.

This would really help when using plugins that are not compatible with each other....

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 12:55:49 AM »
I have a very basic, 'plugin manager' in the works that will allow for you to simply enable/disable individual plugins.  It displays the plugin, 'Display Name', the plugin version number (currently v1 - v4) and the just dll name (not the full path).  If the plugin is not in the list, it is not available.  Due to the nature of the plugins, VA will need to be restarted in order for the changes to take effect.

A version of this got placed into the, 'unofficial' bin http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial with some features for other folks.   It's not completely tested, but it represents most of its final form.   Hope that helps some!

Edited by Pfeil: There was a special character after the link which made it invalid and "ate" the text after it
« Last Edit: April 07, 2018, 03:03:59 AM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 03:26:47 AM »
Testing v1.7.0.1, when a plugin is disabled, "Unable to initialize plugin, 'plugin'.  Plugin not valid for this version of VoiceAttack." is displayed to the log on startup for each disabled plugin.

Is this the intended behavior/W.I.P.?

Trying to invoke the plugin results in "UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN. PLUGIN HAS BEEN DISABLED.", which does acknowledge that it's been disabled.

Having the name of the plugin/dll there would be helpful in identifying it, especially in third-party profiles/commands that call more than one plugin(this goes for the "UNABLE TO INVOKE PLUGIN. PLUGIN NOT AVAILABLE." message as well).

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 11:31:45 AM »
This is all work in progress.  I probably shouldn't have announced anything about the unofficial version, as it went out mostly for another user o_O

The plugin init messages won't be in the next release & I added the plugin name to the disabled warning (since the plugin is actually available, just not enabled... it was a copy/paste from the, 'unavailable' message in which a call is made and there is nothing there at all to query for a name).