Author Topic: No mic icon no sound bar ???  (Read 1367 times)

fubar2niner

No mic icon no sound bar ???
« on: April 05, 2018, 09:24:46 AM »
Hi all

New to VA here and I have what I think is a problem, as the title says I have no sound or mic indicators see below

The manual indicates I should have a mic icon top right and a sound bar running along the bottom  :o

Any ideas where this is going wrong? Speech recognition works fine in MS and VAC. mic plugged in and trained etc.

Best regards.

fubar

Gary

• Administrator
Re: No mic icon no sound bar ???
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2018, 09:41:15 AM »
I'm looking at page four of the help document, and I don't see where a mic icon is shown.  The only time you would see a mic icon in the top-right corner is if the speech engine detects that your mic is muted.  There would be a red mic displayed.  The sound bar at the bottom is a little more evident with the light mode, but becomes more apparent when the speech engine detects audio.  If the speech engine is not detecting audio, you'll want to take a look at this thread: 
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1635.0
(under the heading, 'VoiceAttack does not listen to what I am saying at all')

Hope that helps!

fubar2niner

Re: No mic icon no sound bar ???
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2018, 09:49:47 AM »
Top man, thanks a bunch Gary  :) Just that silly little option fixed it. Oh and the confusion came from this;

1 - Audio indicator
This icon indicates the status of your commands (recognized, unrecognized, error), as well as a way to tell if your mic is muted.

I took it that the indicator showed all states lol

Appreciation and regards.

fubar