Author Topic: Mouse Position polling on more screens  (Read 3097 times)

billyjack669

Mouse Position polling on more screens
« on: February 08, 2018, 07:46:15 AM »
Could mouse position (X,Y) be added to the mouse command windows (or even the "Edit a Profile" window?)  Currently, all I know to do is create a "set mouse position" action to get the x,y (as far as I know) and having it readily available would be awesome.

Thank you!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Mouse Position polling on more screens
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 08:53:23 AM »
If you click on, 'Set Position' from the mouse move action screen, you'll notice in the bottom-left corner the current mouse position is indicated.  The coordinates will reflect what you choose from the mouse move screen (screen/app coordinates and offset (bottom, left, right, etc).

Hope that helps!

billyjack669

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 01:29:12 PM »
Yes, that's how I've been getting the info thus far. 

I was hoping to be able to get that information beforehand :) but if it's not feasible I understand. 
This is an amazing product.  I've been telling everyone about it. 
I usually sum it up with "it can do anything that you can do on the computer, all you have to do is teach it how."

billyjack669

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 07:44:28 AM »
I figured out when i need this!
When using Other Stuff > Perform a Window Function > Move Window (X), (Y) it would be great to be able to use the mouse position to help get the Window position. Otherwise I don't know where to find it easily other than to fake build a mouse move, hover over the top left pixel, and get it from there.

Thanks again!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 07:54:23 AM »
For that sort of thing I'd use a command that gives you the actual window position:
Code: [Select]
Write '[Blue] X: {ACTIVEWINDOWLEFT} Y: {ACTIVEWINDOWTOP} - {ACTIVEWINDOWTITLE}' to log