Author Topic: Get Holly?  (Read 2704 times)

pctechnik

Get Holly?
« on: January 29, 2018, 01:49:35 PM »
Total noob to VA, but not to Elite Dangerous.

Bought VA on steam, bought HCS voicepack "Leo" for elite dangerous
Connected my mic (it had somehow disconnected from my laptop - and it's internal!)
Ran the mic setup and voice recognition software that comes with windows 10 home
Commands are recognized in VA, but only some - still learning this software and how to set it up to my profile(s)

Problem is:

Not all commands are recognised - it is possible that getting a cold the day after purchase has something to do with it and I am waiting patiently to get over this before crying over the lack of functionality.

Most annoyingly (Steam VA ver 1.6.9 - HCS Leo version 1.6.5) I get absolutely no feedback from holly, the only time I've heard his voice is when playing the individual audio files. I have the basic VAP profile loaded into VA.

How do I get acknowledgements, confirmations... even some sort of existence of Holly? no random babble, nothing!

And if you are wondering who holly is, Norman Lovett, the voice actor for the Leo pack played the role of Red Dwarf's computer in the 1980's - I'm looking for that dry humored experience while out in the black.

Thanks in advance.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Get Holly?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 03:31:07 PM »
You will need to manually set the VA Sounds option in Voice Attack so that the path points to where the holly pack is installed.

ie if the pack is at "program files\voice attack\sounds\hcspack-leo", then the option in VA needs to be set to "program files\Voice attack\sounds"

pctechnik

Re: Get Holly?
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 09:08:14 PM »
So far so good, after receiving the above info, I moved the folder (I had previously moved the files, not the folder) so I think that was my problem

gave it a quick blast, I am most pleased! thanks for the help.