Author Topic: Voice Attack v1.7 detecting voice input, but nothing is happening  (Read 2077 times)

StrangCrunchy1

So, I'm not sure whether this is an issue caused by the latest Windows 10 Feature update, or what, but within the past week, I've been having an issue where Voice Attack is acknowledging that there is, in fact, audio being detected from my headset microphone, but it's acting as though voice commands are suspended when the little headset icon doesn't have the little "no" symbol over it.

I play Elite: Dangerous with VOice Attack, and I know the other side of the program is working because my AI asks me questions like, "Shields for landing, don't you think?", I'll answer, "Yes/Yeah/Yes, please", and nothing happens.  I'll even try multiple times before the AI cancels the request with a miffed, "Fine..."  I should note that I have done multiple TTS training sessions since I started using Voice Attack, and I haven't really had an issue with the system correctly identifying what I'm saying up until this past week, that is.  If anyone has any thoughts on the issue, it would be greatly appreciated.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: Voice Attack v1.7 detecting voice input, but nothing is happening
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2018, 01:13:55 AM »
Sounds like a potential corrupted voice recognition profile.

Starting a fresh speech profile and retraining it from scratch might help solve it.

((This will be on the Speech Recognition control panel, advanced speech options. It is present on windows 10 as well))

iceblast

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 02:32:11 AM »
From what I understand from a friend, he had a problem as well, from the windows update. Apparently, windows changed their sound setup. Maybe this has something to do with your problem. So, if you can find this new system, you can make sure everything is set right for you.

« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 02:35:54 AM by iceblast »

StrangCrunchy1

« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 04:22:33 AM »
Thankfully, it seems to have been an issue with Windows not assigning the proper microphone to Voice Attack.  Still, after that little scare, I think it's time to use that little speech training profile backup tool that VA offers, nonetheless.  Thank you for your help, folks, I'm back to barking orders!  I'm gonna have to see if I can't find where that App Volume and Device Preferences is in Settings.  I was able to find it by searching it, but I want to know what category it's under.  Thanks again, guys.  Edit:  Found it!  It's under System > Sound > Other sound options.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 04:27:29 AM by StrangeCrunchy1 »