Author Topic: VA muting Bluetooth headphone sound output  (Read 3000 times)

Muskoka

VA muting Bluetooth headphone sound output
« on: January 25, 2018, 02:51:50 PM »
Hi guys, have no idea what the issue is caused by, but VA is cutting/muting sound to my Bluetooth headphones, that also have a built in mic.

Although, as soon as I click the button in VA to go to the "Options" screen, the sound comes back. There appears to be a glitch in the code somewhere? No issues elsewhere with the headphones, just in VA, but again, it's fine if I leave the Options screen open all the time, which is not an option.  :)

Anything you can suggest for me to try.

Thanks...Glen

Edit: It looks like this may be more of a Win 10 problem, not VA at all. I'm all ears to a solution, but I'm leaning to a OS problem, not VA.

Edit 2: Well, got it to work by playing with the "Set Defaults" in Win 10. All is working, but the sound is horrible, when compared to just listening to music, or watching a video. Must be a issue with the Bluetooth protocol in Windows for simultaneous devices? Regardless, it works and I can carry on.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 03:33:17 PM by Muskoka »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: VA muting Bluetooth headphone sound output
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2018, 03:22:45 PM »
When the options screen is opened, the speech engine is turned off.  Also, the only way the options screen interacts with devices on load is that it asks Windows, 'Hey... what devices you got?'  and then writes the list out on the screen.  It only directly interacts with devices if you click, 'change now' and that's just to set your default devices.  So, my guess is that this has something to do with the speech engine and not VA, per se.

Try this: Go to Options > Recogintion tab and check the two boxes labeled, 'Disable acoustic audio cancellation' and 'disable adaptive recognition'.  Restart VA and then see if that helps.

Next you'll want to look at your devices you have set up for recording and playback, and you'll want to make sure things are set up right there as well as make sure your drivers are good and solid.  This thread may help some:  http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=63.0