Author Topic: Project: Alot of help wanted, need a partner or even paying someone to help :)  (Read 8979 times)

Cassan0va

Home Automation Dream

Long Story short, started with VA in 2012 and been using it quite casual since then just giving commands and a execute.
No feedback no nothing.

After playing Elite D with some friends who told me about how VA had developed over time i got intrigued and started looking around, found alot of stuff that people have done for these games i felt i could apply other places such as my home automation system.

I started looking at reverse engineering some of the existing packages but without any knowledge of how/why/when it didnt take long before i gave that up and figured i needed to start from the beginning :)

The Project

Most simple way to explain it, build my own Jarvis with multiple responses, conditional responses (you have already locked the door sir). This of course will just be on the software side, one can only dream of it talking to homeseer to determine if the door is locked or not.

So i need someone to teach me, help me and partner with me to make a Voice pack for peoples homes. (Got the voice part covered already).

- Multiple phrases do the same thing (even just key words?)
- Random Multiple Responses
- Conditional Responses (Tell him to lock the door a 2nd time will trigger the conditional because the door is already locked).

- Further down the line i want it to read the states of the hardware from homeseer

Cassan0va

Alright been going through the Anubis package abit more and i can get some of the stuff working as i want to by just reverse engineering it and replacing.

BUT, doesnt mean i understand it.

Like this sample, i can see what it does and i can alter it to fit my needs but that doesnt solve the problem.
I wanna understand it, develop it and make it deeper if possible.

Play sound explains itself
Set small int?! what does that bit do?

And which park dictates if the command is already issued triggering a conditional? (Cargo scoop already extended)

Begin Small Integer Compare : [cargoscoop] Equals 1
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\Anubis\Cargo Scoop already on.mp3'
    Set small int (condition) [cargoscoop] value to 2
End Condition - Exit when condition met
Begin Small Integer Compare : [cargoscoop] Has Not Been Set
    Press Home key and hold for 0,008 seconds and release
    Play sound, '{VA_SOUNDS}\Anubis\Cargo Scoop extended.mp3'
    Set small int (condition) [cargoscoop] value to 1
    Set small int (condition) [cargoscoopup] value to 1
End Condition

Slan

• Global Moderator
Have you looked through the PDF help file that comes with voiceattack?

While it is no "programming for dummies" it certainly explains the basics and gives you much more insight into how it can be used.

Your questions are pretty generic at the moment and the manual will help a lot. If you have more specific questions I am sure many more people will wade in and help.

Cassan0va

Have to admit that it was 4 years ago i looked it over. Gonna give it a whirl then come back with followups

Nagual

I'm guessing you don't have a lot of coding experience? Neither do I, well not for a  very long time anyway. The code you are asking about  are comparing certain values and when certain conditions are met they then do certain things, as you have already worked out. The word 'int' is basically short for integer or even more basically it means a number. So now you should be able to read the code, set int.. etc.etc. means make this variable the value of 'xxx'. Now the compare bits should make more sense.

Probably as clear as mud.

Cassan0va

My coding experience is veeeery slim if any :) ill give it a go and try to reverse engineer as much as possible.
Afterall this is why i realised i need help, VA have come quite far.

Cassan0va

The part that peaked my interest now is the conditional.

I want to tell it to lock the door, i tell it a 2nd time and it tells me the door is already locked.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Partly depends on how you set the commands up.

Psuedo code as follows:

"Lock the Door".
If  [doorstatus] = 1
run "toggle door" command
Set [doorstatus] = 2
If [doorstatus] = 2
Run "Door is already locked" sound file.

"open the door"
If [doorstatus] = 1
run "Door is already unlocked" sound file
If [doorstatus] = 2
run "toggle door" command
Set [doorstatus] = 1

You can also 2 additional commands (incase something gets confused, or you need to set variables up)

"The door is open"
Set [doorstatus] = 1

"The door is closed"
Set [doorstatus] = 2

That is not proper VA code, not perfect, but it should help out some idea there.