Author Topic: Choose who wins in a Referenced/Base profile conflict situation  (Read 2818 times)

Djuwanna

Choose who wins in a Referenced/Base profile conflict situation
« on: January 16, 2018, 07:19:29 PM »
I'd like to be able to reverse the "who wins" scenario when a command in a referenced profile is also in a base profile.

Currently, the base profile always wins.  I'd like to be able to toggle this so that, if I choose, I can have the referenced profile win.  Maybe even on a per-command basis, although this may be overkill.  Honestly, if I can just reverse the order of who wins, that would help me a lot.

Any way you could add in a checkbox to "reverse who wins" in this scenario?

....DJ

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Choose who wins in a Referenced/Base profile conflict situation
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 07:31:37 PM »
I actually have a flag in the code that is supposed to do just that.  It's not exposed to the user, though, and since it's code that is never hit, I'm not entirely sure of how well it will work.  I'll add a command line parameter that will set the flag (called, '-reverseprofilepriority') and I will include it in the next build.  I'll post back here when it's available to try out.

All this gets a little heavier in the next beta, as the functionality that is in the profile includes is now also at the, 'global' level ;)

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Choose who wins in a Referenced/Base profile conflict situation
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2018, 07:55:53 PM »
I put a build out in the, 'unofficial' bin if you want to download and try it out.  As I was saying, the code was already there, but it's not fully tested (although I'm not sure what could be terribly wrong with it).  I did a quick sanity check and it works like I would expect it so far.  To make this work, just run VA with -reverseprofilepriority command line parameter.

The unofficial download is here:  http://www.voiceattack.com/unofficial

If you happen to be a Steam user, this will need to wait until the next beta (sorry!). 

If you *do* get this build, note that you also have the option on the Options>General tab to include profiles at the global level, which means that the commands in those profiles will be included in ANY active profile that is loaded (and will be highest priority if you use the new command line parameter).