Author Topic: Number in Command without range  (Read 2101 times)

liebbe10

Number in Command without range
« on: January 03, 2018, 02:13:49 PM »
I wanted to ask if there is any way to have a command containing a number without using the range function
I would use it to set frequencies but i dont want to create a massive amount of commands

So is it possible to create a command like "set frequency {DECIMAL}" and then inside the command to retrieve the number with {CMDSEGMENT:1}?

Greetings Ben

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Number in Command without range
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 02:47:27 PM »
It's possible, but the command phrases that are generated using the range feature are necessary so that the speech engine can match what you're saying to a specific predefined phrase.

While you can use dictation without generating command phrase variations, the speech engine will have to guess at what you're saying without any frame of reference, meaning it could be "set frequency 105.5" but equally "set frequency potato horseradish sea anemone".

If you want to try dictation, use a wildcard suffix in the command name("set frequency *"), and the "{CMD_AFTER}" token to get the dictation result, which will include anything recognized after "set frequency".

liebbe10

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 02:56:24 PM »
Ah cool thx for the reply

Voice attack is always giving me a notification when I create over 100 command at once with the range function. I can't really estimate what the effect would be on other programs running if I would have to many commands in my profile...therefor i thought that the dictation method could be better.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2018, 03:10:56 PM »
Gary has stated that the impact of many command phrases on the speech engine is minimal, however editing or loading the profile in VoiceAttack will be slower, as all the possible phrase variations have to be extrapolated.

Unless your machine is low on memory, other applications shouldn't be noticeably affected.

liebbe10

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2018, 03:13:21 PM »
Ah that's good to now thx