Author Topic: I mean, like...seriously?  (Read 3696 times)

TheGrayFox

I mean, like...seriously?
« on: December 29, 2017, 10:22:33 PM »
...another attempt to load very large sets of dynamic commands (not necessarily the number of derived commands generated by the dynamic commands, but rather the number of individual commands that are dynamic... like, thousands of, 'when I say' phrases that are dynamic...).

I know this is late, considering when you released the latest beta, but...REALLY?  I mean, as a developer of 30+ years, you're just showing off now.  LOL.  Seriously, though:  I  can't think of anyone that works as hard as you do to support the software you've put out.  I want to grow up to be like you one day. And please don't think I'm being sarcastic.

I still feel like I stole this software from you for 8$.  I just checked and see the price is now 10$.  Good for you.  It's still a steal.  By a long shot.

Seriously, though. Thanks, Gary.  I can only hope you know how much you are appreciated.  I hope you can keep that in mind on those late nights when you're hacking away, wondering..."why am I doing this??...

Because I know how that feels. And you have definitely earned the right to be up all night, hacking away...

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: I mean, like...seriously?
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2017, 04:30:44 AM »
hear hear
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

iceblast

« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2017, 07:30:19 AM »
100% AGREE WITH THIS!!!!!

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2017, 09:49:07 AM »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2017, 10:05:44 AM »
:blush:

There's still headroom for improvement in there, too :)

I do like writing code, and I especially like writing code that can be used and enjoyed, so, thank you for the encouragement, guys!

I still have a whole whiteboard full of stuff that needs to be done, plus some serious UI updates to come... stay tuned!

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2017, 10:09:29 AM »
I still have a whole whiteboard full of stuff that needs to be done, plus some serious UI updates to come... stay tuned!

*puts the magic marker away*

It wasn't me that drew the rude thing on there....

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2017, 12:27:11 PM »

Mike308

« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2017, 01:31:01 PM »
Gotta echo the sentiments here as to the value-per-dollar for VA. I'm not a coder, so I've had to pour over the manual and lean on some great folks in this forum to steer me along in my VA growth. But bang for buck, I've had more fun playing with VA than I did the game for which I originally bought it "as an add-on".

Yeah part of me is anxoius for the day Star Citizen releases and hopefully with an API that allows something like EDDI to exist in the SC universe. But I keep seeing places where VA can touch real life. Pfeil helped me make a Time command that, instead of the classic "at the tone the time will be" response, I have it give very human responses in windows of a few minutes, like "It is pushing midnight" or "Around a quarter past two" - for the 99% of life it is every bit as useful and a huge chuckle when somebody hears it for the first time. I'm mulling how I could install it on something like a Surface tablet to migrate VA into my pickup truck, and a Profile for my Mom to serve as an "aws#|+" system if she took a bad fall or needed to run some simple home automation without getting up. VA seems an ideal answer for Siri/Alexa capability without the privacy issues of a cloud service.

Gary, not sure if you have, or have ever considered, something like a Patreon (sp?) site but I'd be happy to help support the great value you and your team of hero mods seem to ceaselessly provide. Many thanks!

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2017, 09:16:10 PM »
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Gary, you are the man. I've had a lot of fun learning and developing stuff with VoiceAttack, and the money spent on my VA license was the best $8 I've spent on anything in years. Keep up the great work :)