Author Topic: record mouse movement and left click drag actions  (Read 4223 times)

gamesturbator

record mouse movement and left click drag actions
« on: December 09, 2017, 02:03:39 AM »

LONG time user (and fan). I seem to remember being able to just record everything I did in games (mouse movement, clicks, key presses). Been a while since I used voice attack and now I can't figure out what I'm doing.  :-[ I just want to be able to hit esc, move the mouse to the FOV slider and drag the slider either left or right (PUBG is the the game BTW). Then move the mouse to the Okay button and click it. Unfortunately I've had to resort to hitting a hot key when my mouse is in position then hit another hot key to record a click. Tedious but technically doable. But I can't click and hold the left click so that I can move the slider.

Thanks for any help.  :)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: record mouse movement and left click drag actions
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 12:08:41 PM »
Have you tried this workflow?

• Start recording
  • Press Esc to record the keystroke
  • Press F7 to enable mouse click recording
  • Click the starting position on the slider and hold down the button
  • Press F8 to record the cursor position
  • Move the slider to the final position
  • Release the mouse button
  • Move the cursor to the "Okay" button
  • Click the button
  • Stop recording

gamesturbator

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 12:54:45 AM »
Can't seem to get it right. Maybe the delays between key presses are off. There is a bit of lag in the game menu. I'll keep trying what you said as it seems to be close to what I am trying to do. Thanks.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 01:18:46 AM by gamesturbator »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2017, 09:34:45 AM »
Delays are always difficult to optimize, as input registration can be inconsistent especially when system load and framerate vary(depending on how the game handles things internally).

You'll want to start slow to make sure the sequence works(1000ms delays can help visualize that), tweak the pauses to be shorter until things stop working reliably, and lengthen them a little to have some margin for performance differences.

gamesturbator

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2017, 03:44:51 PM »
That is great advice! I used to have a knack for these things. Now I think I've gone senile! :)