Author Topic: joystick buttons  (Read 2939 times)

Eleuth

joystick buttons
« on: May 21, 2018, 01:42:20 PM »
I have a X56 Saiteck Hotas.
I installed the stick and throttle.
When I test the buttons are working.
But when I want to assign a speech command (say: gear up) to one of the buttons, there is no way to assign the buttons.
I can only assign key presses.
I have no VA or whatever.
I just want voiceattack execute the button command of the joystick if I give a speech command.

Is this possible ?
I can't find a solution on the forums and certainly not in the difficult to read online manual
Any help would appreciated.
Thanks

Gary

• Administrator
Re: joystick buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2018, 01:53:21 PM »
You will want to take a look at this thread, up near the top of the 'Frequently Addressed Topics' board:  http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=463.0
« Last Edit: May 21, 2018, 01:57:17 PM by Gary »

SemlerPDX

• Global Moderator
  • Upstanding Lunatic
    • My AVCS Homepage
Re: joystick buttons
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2018, 03:13:09 PM »
In whatever game you are using, if you are able to set more than one command for an action like "gear up" such as Joystick Button 3 and also Keyboard G, it would be the most efficient way to integrate VoiceAttack for action commands in a game.  Most games and simulators allow for more than one input assignment for an in-game action.  You should try to do this if at all possible because if you find the PDF manual difficult to read, you might find the process for configuring a virtual joystick equally frustrating.

Pro tip:  use CTRL+F to Find a keyword in the manual you are looking for more quickly.