Author Topic: How do I avoid false chaining of commands?  (Read 1858 times)

satanswombat

How do I avoid false chaining of commands?
« on: November 21, 2017, 02:11:42 PM »
Hi,

I'm getting this a lot more than I used to and wondered if anyone can give advice on reducing it.

I'm using a desktop mic but it seems to pick up too much ambient noise ( from the computer fans, the game itself, tumble driers, washing machine etc ) and it interprets them as spoken commands that then bury the true commands I'm frantically screaming at the game ( elite dangerous ). This leads to huge chains like "her her her crewman orion her her her if if her if crewman eden her if her her her engage supercruise her her if her her will you hunting jump her her if if if her her her"

I've added her and if to the ignore list but that doesn't seem to be helping.

del

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: How do I avoid false chaining of commands?
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:42:42 PM »
The easiest answer I can give is for you to switch to using a headset. The sounds from your speakers are being heard by the mic. The only other thing you could do is assign a hotkey so that it's only listening when it's pressed. That should help but still not perfect.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Re: How do I avoid false chaining of commands?
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 04:05:33 PM »
Also tweak your confidence levels and command weight, you want more of the former and less of the latter.