Author Topic: How....Adjust volume control of individual mixer elements (iracing)  (Read 4368 times)

Gtrshop

This may or may not be a VA thing. I wasn't thinking of using VA for it, but haven't found any other answer anywhere else.

I am trying to raise and lower various volume sliders (windows mixer) for the different apps that I run
- iracing
- SimDash
- VA
- Team Speak

I can raise and lower the volume of the MASTER  mixer, but can't raise or lower the VA attack slider - that is , unless I go to a windowed move, open the mixer and manually focus on the slider I want to adjust. THEN I can adjust the volume up and down with the UP and DWN arrow keys.

I think the problem is how to Focus without actually doing that.

Im open to suggestions, VA or otherwise that would allow me to do this.

I open the apps in the same order every session, and I think that would be important as that is the order the "attach" to the widows mixer.

I was considering replacing the Windows(7) SoundVOl.exe with something else, but haven't actually tried testing anything that I've located yet.

Thanks
S~

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How....Adjust volume control of individual mixer elements (iracing)
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 10:20:32 PM »
How are you adjusting the volume?

VoiceAttack has a built-in action to change the volume level for individual applications under "Other"->"Windows"->"Set Audio Level".

Gtrshop

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 04:33:23 PM »
How are you adjusting the volume?
At the moment using windows mixer and manually adjusting the sliders. Tedious becuase I ahve to jump out of full screen to do it. My intent was to assign keypresses to be bound to an action (Vol Up / Vol Down) for a specific slider/app.

VoiceAttack has a built-in action to change the volume level for individual applications under "Other"->"Windows"->"Set Audio Level".
This can command increase or decrese volume of specific apps? Ive only had any success adjusting the the master volume control via any method. I would welcome a way to adjust - say Teamspeak volume individually up or down.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2017, 12:55:28 AM »
If you set the "Audio Source" option of the "Set Audio Level" action to "Application", it should affect the Volume Mixer's slider for the target application.

If an application isn't responding to that action, make sure you're running VoiceAttack as administrator.

Note VoiceAttack manipulates the Volume Mixer, meaning it only sets the master volume for any given application; It is not possible to use this method to set application-specific internal volume options, E.G. individual user volume in Teamspeak.

tulextreme

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 06:55:59 AM »
hello this topic was very helpful for me so i could adjust ed volume on the fly using va... i try adjusting EDDI volume as well but i couldn't... i noticed theres a mixes slider for it but no dice! any tips? thank you!