Author Topic: Best voice pack to buy Astra, Eden, Kate  (Read 5564 times)

fhalo

Best voice pack to buy Astra, Eden, Kate
« on: November 08, 2017, 11:37:48 AM »
Hi

I have following games:-
Elite Dangerous
Star Citizen
No Man's Sky
Evochron Mercenary
X Rebirth

Which is the best voice pack to get to cover all games or do I need to buy many voice packs or create my own voice attack profiles?

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Best voice pack to buy Astra, Eden, Kate
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2017, 02:16:36 PM »
Elite and SC are all packs, a few have a no mans sky profile. There are no other games profiles provided at this time
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Antaniserse

• Global Moderator
    • My VA plugins
Re: Best voice pack to buy Astra, Eden, Kate
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 04:06:14 AM »
Hi

I have following games:-
Elite Dangerous
Star Citizen
No Man's Sky
Evochron Mercenary
X Rebirth

Which is the best voice pack to get to cover all games or do I need to buy many voice packs or create my own voice attack profiles?

For the most part, one would buy Voice Packs for two things: nicely pre-recorded voice messages and a package of ready made functions to tie those messages to the game behaviour.
This usually means that the better and feature rich the voice pack is, the harder is to utilize it in any other game except the one it was designed for, because voice responses and game commands will be very specific to that environment.

So, to answer your question, if you like to play all those games, you will probably need to buy multiple voice packs (hoping that someone will create one for every of those title) or, much better, take the time to actually create your own profiles

One thing you could do is buy ONE voice pack for your favorite game, and then study the way the profile is handled as a base for your own personal profiles in other games... as far as the actual spoken messages, it will also be more cost effective to buy a single, good, Text to Speech voice (the ones from IVONA being the common  suggestion... the price is usually the equivalent of 2-3 voicepacks) and have an infinite amount of customization available.
"I am not perfect and neither was my career. In the end tennis is like life, messy."
Marat Safin