Author Topic: Multiple Plugins - Possible to only load one for given Profile?  (Read 3663 times)

WindWpn

Multiple Plugins - Possible to only load one for given Profile?
« on: December 14, 2017, 08:38:51 AM »
hello all,

I have multiple plugins installed which I use for different games/vaps.  is it possible to only load specific plugin for the given vap chosen?  For example, when i load up VA, no plugins would be loaded.  However, once I choose a vap, the plugin for that vap will load, and if I switch vap, the plugin active will close while other will load.  Of course if I load a vap which does not employ a plugin, any active plugins would close.

Main thing is that in the VA log, I see multiple plugins loaded/listed on start even if the vap I have set does not use plugins.  also, if I switch to a vap that uses a plugin, by having the others loaded, is there risk of conflicts?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Multiple Plugins - Possible to only load one for given Profile?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2017, 09:57:58 AM »
Plugins are always loaded at startup, there's no real way around that currently. However, that doesn't necessarily mean the plugin is actually doing something.

It depends on how the plugin author designed it, but most don't actively run in the background until they're called. E.G. VAExtensions or bindED will just be loaded into memory when VoiceAttack starts, and remain dormant until you trigger a "Execute an External Plugin Function" action, at which point the plugin will run the specified operation, and go dormant again when it's done.

Whether plugins will conflict depends on whether they could attempt to manipulate the same resource simultaneously, E.G. a variable or file.

If the plugins are designed to interface with a specific application(E.G. one is for a flying game, the other for a racing game), it's unlikely they'll actively interfere with eachother, especially because you're unlikely to run two games simultaneously(and plugins should be designed to handle the absence of a target application gracefully).