Author Topic: Two installation question  (Read 3156 times)

newtron

Two installation question
« on: October 05, 2017, 03:36:39 AM »
Hi I just got the Games Music Pack plugin for Voice attack.  I noticed in the manual for it, you could have two installation of Voice attack running.  Is this possible?  Does it violate any license agreements?  How do you set it up to work?  I tried installing in a second folder and running, but that doesn't seem to work.

If this is the wrong forum string to post in please move accordingly.

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Two installation question
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 04:01:59 AM »
AFAIK you cannot run 2 instances of VA at the same time
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

newtron

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2017, 12:12:36 PM »
TheThingIs,

I thought so as well, but the Gamesmusicpacks group, wrote this on pg 3. para 2 of their manual:

"Manual Installation: In your download area we have supplied a .rar file with all the files you need, plus an instruction text file which will take you through the process in 3 easy steps. If you don't like auto installers, have any difficulties with it or perhaps have two installations of VoiceAttack simultaneously for some reason, then manual installation is probably for you. It's quick and simple, follow the instructions provided." 

Thus I started "for science'ng" to see if it is possible.  Maybe they know something we don't, it would be nice to know how if it is possible.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2017, 01:11:10 PM »
I would interpret that as having two installations of VoiceAttack present on the system at once, meaning the installer supplied by the third party you're referring to wouldn't know which one to copy its files to.

It does not, however, mean VoiceAttack can run two instances simultaneously on the same system.

Though, even if VoiceAttack could run multiple instances simultaneously, why do you want it to?

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2017, 01:24:38 PM »
VoiceAttack will prevent you from running two instances at one time on the same box.  This is mostly due to there only being ONE VoiceAttack.dat file on your box (by design).  Multiple instances could do things to your .dat that you probably do not want.

newtron

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2017, 11:00:34 AM »
Thethingis, Pfeil, Gary,  Thanks to all.