Poll

Should VoiceAttack have native voice processing effects built in?

Yes
2 (66.7%)
No
1 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 3

Voting closed: October 06, 2017, 08:03:11 PM

Author Topic: Voice Processing  (Read 3688 times)

mikelimtw

Voice Processing
« on: February 10, 2017, 03:58:10 AM »
I like how EDDI has voice processing available for its speech output. I asked about a workaround in the How do I? forum thread, but it would be easier if everything being output by VoiceAttack had native speech processing available. As it currently stands, it's a bit messy. It makes perfect sense for VoiceAttack to have this capability built in so you can get whatever voice effects are most suited for your application. What do you guys think?

EDIT by Pfeil: This functionality was implemented as "Sound Effects" that can be applied to TTS output.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:07:51 AM by Pfeil »

mikelimtw

Re: Voice Processing
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2017, 08:09:15 PM »
Hi Gary,

I don't know if you saw this when I originally posted it back in February. This is not a necessary feature as VoiceAttack is already a great product as is. However, if it did have the ability to alter the TTS output, you could have an "unlimited" number of voices from just one voice by altering speed, pitch and processing. This would allow you to alter output to match the type of game or application you are using. Anyway, please think it over, and thank you for your great work and continued support for VA.

Michael

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 09:08:24 PM »
You know, I've actually looked over creating filters.  It would be a great side project, but it's practically its own discipline o_O

mikelimtw

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 11:02:47 PM »
I'm not looking for anything fancy. Just a single slider to do processing like the EDDI plugin for VA would do. Here's hoping you may eventually get around to implementing this. Thanks for all your work and support on VoiceAttack.