Author Topic: Elite dangerous : questions on detecting conditions.  (Read 6665 times)

Brumbold

Elite dangerous : questions on detecting conditions.
« on: October 19, 2016, 03:20:40 PM »
There are a few commands that need to detect things like the status of a cargo scoop. is it open or closed and if open, close it, in preparation to a supercruise.

another one is to fire off chaff until supercruise happens...the countdown.

And last but definitely not the least...detect when the hard points are out or retracted. again in preparation to making the jump to supercruise.

How do i get the command to detect these "states" ? so i can either make a loop command or execute/end a command?

if some one has already made these can you post or link to them?

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Elite dangerous : questions on detecting conditions.
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2016, 04:11:54 PM »
What do you mean by "detect", exactly?

You can keep track of which commands have already been executed that would have affected the state of ingame systems, but you can't have the game "tell" you those values without an intermediary.

If Elite dangerous has some sort of API to get that data from you could write a plugin to get it into VoiceAttack, provided you're proficient with C#.

An example of using variables to keep track of states:

Extend Cargo Scoop
Code: [Select]
Begin Boolean Compare : [ScoopExtended] Equals False
    Press S key and hold for 0,06 seconds and release
    Set Boolean [ScoopExtended] to True
Else
    Say, 'Scoop already extended'
End Condition

Retract Cargo Scoop
Code: [Select]
Begin Boolean Compare : [ScoopExtended] Equals True
    Press S key and hold for 0,06 seconds and release
    Set Boolean [ScoopExtended] to False
Else
    Say, 'Scoop already retracted'
End Condition

Brumbold

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2016, 10:41:19 AM »
When you press "J" to enter supercruis, and your landing gear is still down, The computer voice will say "cannot comply"
That tells me that something is being detected for that sound bite to activate.
using that same triggering device, i would want to have the new macro to detect the landing gears state/status....and either make the jump, or raise the landing gear and make the jump.

Technomancer

• I have a bad feeling about this...
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2016, 11:13:54 AM »
As Pfeil said, you'd need to access the API and/or scrape the memory, which has not been allowed for a while as I understand it.

2.2 will dump a ton of info into a log that can be accessed via a plugin like EDDI.  But the last document does not mention landing gear status.

Right now, we keep track of it in VA via a variable, e.g. "lgear_status"="up/down" or something similar.

bronney

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 04:39:49 AM »
Guess what guys, I arrived here a year later struggling with the exact same thing.  To add to the complication, have an integer var of 0 an 1 to track it is easy, but when you consider the scoop could be powered off while you give the command is impossible without an API state.

I handled this with deploying SRV because EDDI gives {TXT:Vehicle} so I know when you say deploy SRV but you aren't in one, that means you forgot to power up the hangar.  But with scoops it's impossible.  I am so sad.  :'(