Author Topic: Va issue  (Read 4368 times)

Red Baron 1947

Va issue
« on: September 15, 2017, 09:23:31 AM »
Voice Attack privileges not elevated.

Why am I getting each time I load VA, I run as administrator don't have any key issues but do get this message on start up
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 09:44:07 AM by Pfeil »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Va issue
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 09:43:11 AM »
If you're getting that message, VoiceAttack does not(or "thinks" it does not) have full administrative privileges.

Which method are you using to run the application as administrator?

As this is an issue report, I'm moving your topic to the "Issues" section for better visibility.

Red Baron 1947

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 12:09:40 PM »
Not sure what you actually mean by which 'application am I using as administrator' the way I have set VA to run on start up is to go into properties / Compatibility, then tick 'run as an administrator.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 12:45:30 PM »
Are you getting a UAC(User Account Control) prompt when starting VoiceAttack?

You can verify whether the system is running VoiceAttack as admin by following these instructions.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 12:50:30 PM »
You will get that message if VoiceAttack does not detect that is being run as an administrator (as Pfeil was saying).

At the end of the day, if VoiceAttack is doing what you need it to do, it is just a log message and can be ignored. 

The reason it is there is to stem the *constant* emails and messages regarding VoiceAttack not working, no matter how many times it's been addressed on the forum (either by FAQ or by post message) or written in documentation or written on the web site ;)  So far, it has worked wonders.  Might make a switch for it, tho o_O

Red Baron 1947

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 04:50:38 AM »
just quick update, problem sorted, not sure what caused it but I was running as administrator and UAC is set as low as possible, as mentioned all sorted. Thanks for the help and advise