Author Topic: Retrieve the Station name?  (Read 4175 times)

kenjiro

Retrieve the Station name?
« on: September 05, 2017, 10:47:57 AM »
Hello there!

I am new to voice attack and EDDI and I am having a hard time to work some things out.

How can I retrieve the name of the station I am approaching (which is selected when I drop out of supercruise and I want to ask dock permission)? When I issue my "request docking" command, I would like Voice Attack to say something like:

"Flight control of [STATION NAME], this is [SHIP ID] [SHIP NAME] asking permission to land/dock"

I believe it is possible, because when I drop near the station EDDI says something like "you dropped from supercruise near station BLABLABLA".

Any hints on that?

Thanks for your attention

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Retrieve the Station name?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 08:30:31 AM »
doesn't Elite already do this?

you can find all of eddi's variables to get the info you need on their site
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

kenjiro

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 10:10:39 AM »
Well, my bad for not being clear about that ;)

Yes, I checked the TXT variables on EDDI site before posting here. The only TXT variable related to "station name" is {TXT:Last station name}, which can't be used as I want/need. I need the name of the station we are going to or approaching, not one we are already docked or have just "undocked".

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 10:40:30 AM »
ah ok, the name isn't given until you dock
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

kenjiro

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 07:24:09 AM »
OK, from some tips I got elsewhere, the secret is using the variables {TXT:EDDI entered normal space bodytype} and {TXT:EDDI entered normal space body}

I am doing this for my "Request docking" command, for example:

• If "{TXT:EDDI entered normal space bodytype}" is "Station", then VA says: Flight control of {TXT:EDDI entered normal space body}, this is SHIP-ID SHIP-NAME requesting permission do [dock;land]
  • Else (body type is a planet), VA says: Flight control, this is SHIP-ID SHIP-NAME requesting permission do [dock;land]

I hope this will be usefull to someone else.

And in case anyone want to check/try my VA profile: http://kenjiro.blogspot.com.br/2017/06/vector-sigma-has-arrived.html

newtron

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 09:46:40 AM »
Hi kenjiro,  I was wondering if you got this to work?  I tried your current vap and it would not work for me.  Could you provide the code lines you used with explanation of them?  Assuming you got it working, I would like to create/use a similar feature with an existing vap I have, thanks.

kenjiro

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 11:31:30 AM »
Yes, it is working like a charm for me. Just remember that for this to work you need Voice Attack + EDDI, since the variables I used come from EDDI.

Did you get my Sigma-TTS-EDDI.vap?

newtron

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 05:24:58 AM »
Hi Kenjiro, I did get it to work, on both orbital station(s) and planet for all of my ships.  However when communicating with a planet-side station, it says the planet's name, not the name of the planet-side station (not a issue for me).

Here is how I accomplished it:

1.  Create a text to-speech command and name it as you see fit.  uncheck the "when I say" etc. commands. so it is voice disabled.  In the sequence box chose other -> sound -> say something text to speech:  type "Flight control of {TXT:EDD entered normal space body} this is {TXT:ship indent}{TXT:Ship name}requesting permission to [dock;land]

2.  Create a new command voice disabled command (name it as you like).  then have it execute line should be: Execute external plugin, 'EDDI 2.3.0'.  I named this command as you did, ((EDDI VOICE)).

3.  Create your "docking request command".  First line should be VoiceAttack Action -> Execute another Command ->  (what ever you named the text to speech command).  Next line:  Either Execute external plugin, 'EDDI 2.3.0' or VoiceAttack Action -> Execute another Command ->  (Name of command).  Add any pauses of your liking, and finally execute the navigation panel commands or script to activate the docking request.  Add any additional text/commands of your liking. 

This should work without error.  However, in testing I noted if you are in local space of a station (orbital or planet) you have to jump to super cruise and return to local space to have the text to speech work correctly the first time.

Thanks for the inspiration and information to get this working.   :D

kenjiro

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 11:36:12 AM »
Hi Kenjiro, I did get it to work, on both orbital station(s) and planet for all of my ships.  However when communicating with a planet-side station, it says the planet's name, not the name of the planet-side station (not a issue for me).

That's why I use that "IF", to check if the "body" is a station or planet ;)

Thanks for the inspiration and information to get this working.   :D

I am glad I could help someone :D