Author Topic: Using VA and Eden with or without voice commands  (Read 2922 times)

mearmortal

Using VA and Eden with or without voice commands
« on: September 09, 2017, 01:45:24 PM »
I've been reading lots of posts, and I don't know if I can do this or not with Eden.

I don't play ED in a quiet area of the house, so my microphone is not always on. But I've used VA to provide the voice interaction and functions when I use the keys on my HOTAS. The HOTAS is providing the keystrokes as such, and VA is responding with the rest on seeing those HOTAS instructions. Now I did this before by duplicating the VA voice commands, and removing the key strokes. I don't know where to even start on the Eden profile, or if this is already taken care of. I have to say, I've not had the quiet time to use Eden yet, and I've just finished setting it up along with all the key profile changes as per the instructions.

My concern is if I start using the keys/HOTAS instead of voice, the variables will get out of whack with game states like with the tabs on the left and right etc.

Can someone advise me how I can achieve this if possible please, or if I even have too.

I've looked the deploy cargo scoop, and although it looks simple enough, I guess I'm going to have to test for Game state, as to whether I am docked or in space, set some virtual key variables, and set a current state of the scoop, deployed or not, then play the right message.

Any Ideas on how I do this?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:43:02 PM by mearmortal »

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
Re: Using VA and Eden with or without voice commands
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 05:33:18 PM »
not easily I'm afraid. The current state of the profiles here at HCS lost the ability to bind cmds easily to keys or joy presses and still keep good functionality. The upcoming singularity profile will be addressing this problem though so it'll be much easier for you to do it soon.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

mearmortal

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 11:04:37 PM »
Thanks for the answer, so when do you think this profile change will be available?

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 02:30:21 AM »
It will go out as a beta test to everyone around the end of this month. We're doing it as a beta along side the current profiles because it's a big change and the current profiles are virtually bug free. We don't want to force people to switch yet as there will likely be a lot of niggles to iron out.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

mearmortal

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 01:15:53 PM »
Thanks, that sounds interesting, how will that work now that I've already got Eden, will you be issuing out updates to those Profiles etc? will it be costing us?

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 03:35:16 PM »
Updates are currently free, you'll get an email when it's ready.