Author Topic: How do I switch Voice Attack accounts?  (Read 2309 times)

ErroneousUsername

How do I switch Voice Attack accounts?
« on: August 20, 2017, 07:46:08 AM »
Okay so this may seem like a dumb question and I only ask it because I'm dumb lol. Anyways I first purchased Voice attack a few years ago. I had a temporary lockout of my pay-pal account at the time wherein I actually had to snail mail them a copy of my photo I.D. and a bill in my name to prove my Identity because apparently my accounts security had been compromised and someone was trying to make purchases from my account all over the globe. So instead of waiting until I cleared that all up I used a friends pay-pal and email to purchase and setup Voice Attack. I have since bought a second registration key with my own pay-pal so I wouldn't have to contact my friend and ask him to check his email if I need to reset my password or something to that effect. I would like to purchase an HCS voice pack but I want to switch over to my newer account before doing so but Voice Attack seems to automatically associate my PC with the first account that was setup using my friends email/ pay-pal. I have tried deleting all of the V.A. files from my PC and re-downloading and installing the program but when I go to the register page to enter my new account info it automatically recognizes my machine and logs me into the original account. I have a feeling that I'm missing something simple. what can I do to disassociate my PC with the old account so I can carry on with my new one? Is there a file I'm missing or perhaps something in my registry I need to delete? how does VA recognize my PC? Is it my MAC address? I've deleted the VA folder in (x86) Program Files as well as the Installer to no avail. if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: How do I switch Voice Attack accounts?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 07:56:33 AM »
Okay so this may seem like a dumb question and I only ask it because I'm dumb lol.

Anyways I first purchased Voice attack a few years ago.

I had a temporary lockout of my pay-pal account at the time wherein I actually had to snail mail them a copy of my photo I.D. and a bill in my name to prove my Identity because apparently my accounts security had been compromised and someone was trying to make purchases from my account all over the globe.

So instead of waiting until I cleared that all up I used a friends pay-pal and email to purchase and setup Voice Attack.

I have since bought a second registration key with my own pay-pal so I wouldn't have to contact my friend and ask him to check his email if I need to reset my password or something to that effect.

I would like to purchase an HCS voice pack but I want to switch over to my newer account before doing so but Voice Attack seems to automatically associate my PC with the first account that was setup using my friends email/ pay-pal.

I have tried deleting all of the V.A. files from my PC and re-downloading and installing the program but when I go to the register page to enter my new account info it automatically recognizes my machine and logs me into the original account.

I have a feeling that I'm missing something simple.
what can I do to disassociate my PC with the old account so I can carry on with my new one?
Is there a file I'm missing or perhaps something in my registry I need to delete?
how does VA recognize my PC? Is it my MAC address?

I've deleted the VA folder in (x86) Program Files as well as the Installer to no avail. if someone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
There should be a folder under "%LOCALAPPDATA%\VoiceAttack.com", the "user.config" file in the subfolders of that one contains the license data, and your settings.
If you remove that file, VoiceAttack will go back to a trial version, and you should be able to register it with the account you want.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 08:27:32 AM »
You can also click on the 'Reset Defaults' button on the Options screen and select, 'Remove registration data' which will do pretty much the same thing... deleting the file will absolutely kill it with fire, though ;)

ErroneousUsername

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 09:10:09 AM »
I just read through the manual and found the reset defaults option in there. I guess I should have read all the way through it first before posting this thread. Thank you guys for the help and the very quick responses. Very much appreciated. You guys are awesome and I apologize for my ignorance