Author Topic: Mouse clicks don't seem to work correctly for me..  (Read 3800 times)

iliad

Mouse clicks don't seem to work correctly for me..
« on: August 17, 2017, 12:10:39 PM »
I have a app that I would like to perform the following:

Hold left mouse button down
Hold right mouse button down
Release left mouse button
Release right mouse button

I can perform this in the application, manually, and it works fine. If I run it with VA, it seems that it runs it "serially" if you will, in that it does the left mouse button, but doesn't then do the right mouse button at the same time. I've tried adding pauses as well, but no luck.

With that I decided to try and record the sequence, however, the mouse recording doesn't seem to work for mouse clicks either.  ANy thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 12:13:59 PM by iliad »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Mouse clicks don't seem to work correctly for me..
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:04:42 PM »
First up, the recorder does NOT record the mouse clicks when VA is in focus, so, you'll want to go to your intended app and then press F7.

Next, if you are trying to send mouse events to a game, you're going to need a slight pause between your mouse down and mouse up events.  Try a pause of 0.05 to start with and then play with that number if it's too long/short.

Hope that helps!

iliad

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:06:58 PM »
First up, the recorder does NOT record the mouse clicks when VA is in focus, so, you'll want to go to your intended app and then press F7.

Next, if you are trying to send mouse events to a game, you're going to need a slight pause between your mouse down and mouse up events.  Try a pause of 0.05 to start with and then play with that number if it's too long/short.

Hope that helps!

I mentioned that I had already tried pauses (of varying lengths as well), with no luck, so I was just showing the sequence of what I wanted.

I wasn't aware of the focus piece though. I just tried that and still, no recording of the mouse clicks. Meaning, I have the application loaded, I click F7 (and VA starts recording)... click in the app, and nothing records in VA.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:10:31 PM by iliad »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 03:36:29 PM »
Do you have another app running that could be, 'handling' mouse clicks?

iliad

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 10:47:07 PM »
The only thing I had running was the actual mouse software, which I also disabled. Still no luck. I'll try recording in another app to see if it is specific to that.

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 10:55:03 PM »
Just making sure, but are you running VoiceAttack as administrator?

iliad

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2017, 12:08:01 AM »
Yes, it runs as admin...Windows 10, have to auth it each time I launch.