Author Topic: Allow Me to Select Output Mode  (Read 4299 times)

Sim_Dude

Allow Me to Select Output Mode
« on: May 14, 2017, 11:25:58 AM »
Is there a way to select a specific output mode rather than having it change the default sound. I have separate channels setup to direct my sound thru my headset or speakers. It's a pain that it changes the default sound. Every other program that I have allows me to changed it without affecting my default sound.

John

EDIT by Pfeil: Individual sound playing actions can be set to output to a given device, and the "Override Default Playback Device" option can be used for all sound playing actions that are set to use the default device.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 08:59:04 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Allow Me to Select Output Mode
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2017, 01:21:29 PM »
Although there is no way for that to occur currently, I have it slated to add additional audio options down the road.  No ETA on that, though.

axonMagnus

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2017, 07:15:04 AM »
FROM ANOTHER THREAD

Greetings sir am relatively new to programming but i came up with a solution none of them are stable but they sure bring in some very nice features to solve this challenge of yours! , i was just about to post about this feature to be implemented along with being able to ask voice attack to change the voice of all tts one of the things i have also accomplished too but rather crudely.

[1]

there is a program called "chevolume"  [not free] it lets your force an application to output audio to preferred audio devices or virtual cables! This is the simplest solution to the challenge of yours :).

[2]

There is software called "Balabolka" a text to speech software more extensive than voice attack it terms of controls , and with [CRT+SHIFT+F9] it reads  the text in your clip board or reads highlighted text :).

Now for the icing on the cake! balabolka also has 4 shortcuts you can use to switch between the different  text to speech voices!.

thanks to the gentleman that is "Gary" he helped me out a while back coz voice attack/balabolka  would sometimes crash when interfacing with each other making it very reliable!

Now for the catch! as i am reletively new to programming! , i didnt put a process in place to detect if i had sent balabolka to read out loud or status of the reading there for , if you sent consequtive commands of TTS it ends up jamming balabolka! meaning you have to open it up then press stop and in my case i put a keyboard short to stop it because it just jams in the TTS process! :)

i made an extensive overview of my voice attack setup , watching it you will better understand the benefits of this system untill its implemented :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBm5J4CiFWA&t=1637s

Exergist

• Global Moderator
  • Ride the lightning
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2017, 07:36:51 AM »
Maybe Autohotkey or NirCMD have this functionality available? Then you could just call those from VA.