Author Topic: Don't know what to check to see if I've broke VoiceAttack or Elite Dangerous  (Read 6354 times)

peejaygee

So, all of a sudden 'Request Docking' has failed to work on voice-command, it's like it doesn't pick the right menus. I watch it going through the choices, but I then have to go and 'manually' do it.

What can I check to see what has broken it, maybe I've mistakenly changed a keybind? I don't think I've done, as most warn you if you are re-assigning a key from or to something else.

Look forwards to your reply.

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
What this looks like (just cursory), is that when you gave the request docking command, you were not on the panel that voice attack thought you were on.

What this means: If you use a voice command to swap tabs on the left panel, and then use joystick/gamepad/keyboard to move the panel afterwards), voice attack things that you are still on that *initial* panel that you voice swapped to.

To fix this: Move to the left most tab on the panels and say "Run Diagnostics" and the tracking variables will be reset.

peejaygee

To fix this: Move to the left most tab on the panels and say "Run Diagnostics" and the tracking variables will be reset.

OK, cool. Thanks for the tip, I'll try this tonight.

peejaygee

Nope, that didn't fix it.

I went to the very most left tab on the left panel and said 'run diagnostics' and it gave me a reply (two actually, as I tried it twice at different times)

but again, saying 'request docking' the panel opens, it moves along, get's to contacts, lists the 'station' but it doesn't 'click it' to then choose 'Request Docking' it just closes the panel.

Any other tips?

Gangrel

• Caffeine Fulled Mod
  • Global Moderator
  • BORK FNORK BORD
Do you have UI Panel Select in Elite Dangerous options bound to anything? It should be bound to space bar

peejaygee

Now that I'll check tonight, being in VR, I've changed a few things as the days have progressed, when you can't use a mouse (100%) or type in VR, I've got a HOTAS and a wireless xbox (like) controller, I 'may' have changed something unintentionally
maybe I've mistakenly changed a keybind?

I'll check that out tonight and see if that is the issue. While it's not a 'be all and end all' situation, it's nice to have the option :)

Thanks for being patient with me.. :)

peejaygee

It is something to do with the positioning, I somehow managed by moving the menu choice over to 'clear filters' and then I said it, it worked, but a few times before, nothing again, even with making sure the key-binds were all ok and re-set them, and also 'run diagnostics'.

Hmmm, I'll have to test some more each night and work on it the most at the weekend.

peejaygee

Yup, it was me.. :) know the issue, know the solution

There is a solution on their forums (http://forum.hcsvoicepacks.com/forum/elite-dangerous-discussion/9309-panel-tracking-how-to-use-it-and-why-it-breaks) which basically says due to the nature of the way ED works, unless you end up on the first tab on the panel on the left when you exit, it will mux it up.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:46:16 PM by peejaygee »