Author Topic: How about a command line edit profile?  (Read 3321 times)

iceblast

How about a command line edit profile?
« on: May 20, 2017, 11:45:56 AM »
How about a command line edit profile? Unless there is already something like that already?

Sometimes you do something stupid, and create a loop that when you try to switch to a profile, there is a command in that profile that will switch to another profile instantly, completely preventing you from editing that profile again to fix the problem command.

If there was a command line profile edit, something like voiceattack.exe -edit "Main Profile", it would skip past loading the profile, and directly to editing it. This would be a life saver.

At the moment I have a profile like this, honestly don't know why it's instantly switching to another profile.
There shouldn't be a command doing this, but I can't edit the profile now to solve the mystery.

Hope you think this is a good idea. :)

EDIT by Pfeil: Solved using the Ctrl-Shift dialog
« Last Edit: April 18, 2020, 09:04:54 AM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: How about a command line edit profile?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2017, 12:55:45 PM »
Hold down CTRL + Shift when you launch VA and select, the, 'Disable profile initialization command (this session only)' option.  That was put there to help with situations like yours ;)

iceblast

Re: How about a command line edit profile?
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2017, 02:29:37 PM »
Oh, I forgot about that, also didn't realize it could stop a profile from loading so you could edit it. That worked out for me just fine.

Thanks again!