Author Topic: Recognition Suffix Exlusions?  (Read 4355 times)

Tkael

Recognition Suffix Exlusions?
« on: January 06, 2017, 04:59:20 PM »
I've noticed that a lot of my "Unrecognized" commands failed because of a suffix that was added by the speech recognition. How hard would it be it implement a "Recognition Suffix Exclusions" section, similar to what we already have for prefix exclusions?
Thanks!

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Recognition Suffix Exlusions?
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 05:18:57 PM »
That's certainly possible and not a bad idea. I haven't had a need for that myself, but I can see where it could pose a problem.

Tkael

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 09:23:41 AM »
Is this still on the list as a possible future feature? Thanks!

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 11:03:16 AM »
It is, but unfortunately there are several higher-priority issues that are being worked on.  Something you may want to look at in the meantime are wildcards.  Let's say you have a command where the spoken phrase is, 'fire weapons'.  Let's say that when you say, 'fire weapons', VoiceAttack is picking up, 'fire weapons but' or 'fire weapons if' (due to a hot mic or sticky lips or whatever ;)).  You can use a wildcard to help with that:

Change your command phrase to, 'fire wepons*'.  This will tell VoiceAttack to accept any spoken phrase that STARTS WITH 'fire weapons', including if you just say, 'fire weapons'.

Seems like a lot of work, but it's a workaround for now.  Could it be that your mic is just too hot?

Tkael

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2017, 02:40:03 PM »
Possible, though I try to keep the level at less than 50% of max typically. I'll play with mic levels some more to see if that helps.

Tkael

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2017, 02:03:04 PM »
Hey, just wanted to say this is still something I'd love to see and that I'd still find useful. Thanks!