Author Topic: Condition Builder multi-selection and copy/paste  (Read 2722 times)

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Condition Builder multi-selection and copy/paste
« on: April 10, 2017, 11:39:13 AM »
Currently it's not possible to select multiple items within the "Condition Builder - Begin/Else If Condition" window to edit, move, or remove. This could be useful.

Currently it's not possible to copy and/or paste items within the "Condition Builder - Begin/Else If Condition" window; There is no context menu, and the usual keyboard shortcuts(CTRL-C, CTRL-V, CTRL-X) don't appear to do anything.
I often reuse parts of a condition so I don't have to retype variables names or tokens, so this feature would be quite handy to have within the Condition Builder as well.

EDIT: This has been implemented.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 06:36:19 PM by Pfeil »

Gary

• Administrator
Re: Condition Builder multi-selection and copy/paste
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2017, 12:05:40 PM »
Cut/copy/paste is on the books, actually.  What stopped it from the initial release was the UI's attempt at keeping things tidy... for instance, when you click, 'add set' and you don't add an item, the set is removed.  So, if you wanted to copy and paste from one set to another, you'd have to add a dummy item first to even get the set to come up.  I'd have to work the auto cleanup OUT of the functionality (or limit it to just one empty tab).

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2017, 02:39:07 PM »
Would it be possible to recognize valid data and add a context menu item "Add Set from clipboard", which would create and fill a new "Set" tab with however many valid items are in the clipboard at that time(Alongside a normal "Paste" option)?

Rhaedas

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 02:46:39 PM »
Sort of related to the new conditional builders. Is there a good reason to have a single and a compound selection? If you select the compound and just put in one condition, it defaults to inserting the single version, so why not just have that one thing in the menu anyway, instead of having to pick two things? Maybe there's a good reason to keep them apart that I'm not seeing.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 05:23:56 PM »
Well, it all boils down to usability, as I considered what you are talking about. The original, 'single' condition screen is hard enough to understand for non-techies, and since it's used the most I chose to keep them separate.  The compound condition screen is a real stretch, I believe.

On a side-note, cut/copy/paste/paste to new set/duplicate/etc. right-click menu/keyboard shortcuts have been implemented and will be in the next beta release.