Author Topic: Not Set?  (Read 8242 times)

banditredone01

Not Set?
« on: April 20, 2017, 01:33:51 PM »
hello Guy's for the last two years, I've been using voice attack with Elite Dangerous, and it's been working fine.
then yesterday I've started getting a repeated Not Set in the command box and nothing else, if I say a command VA takes a little time to respond, but no command is shown in the command box other than the contiued Not Set.
Over these last two years I've made a lot of my own scripts via VA. with that in mind I'm a nervious to uninstall VA and reinstall the program, in the event I lose my work.
Can You Help ?

sutex

Re: Not Set?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2017, 05:40:26 PM »
Same issue ..

http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1098.0

Also side note... given "Over these last two years I've made a lot of my own scripts via VA." you may find this interesting
http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=873.0
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 05:43:38 PM by sutex »

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2017, 08:40:32 AM »
I'd advise both of you to inquire about this on the HCS Voice Packs forum. If something changed in Elite or their plugins, they'll be the ones to know.

EDIT: Not a HCS profile, derp. Though they did know something's changed! ::)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 09:19:57 AM by Pfeil »

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2017, 09:06:44 AM »
not one of our profiles Pfeil :)

looks to be an issue with EDDI as far as I can tell. What I can tell you is that ship loadout and cargo lines in the journal have changed in 2.3 of elite so I'm not sure if eddi has been updated to work with that yet. Our plugin hasn't been updated so we are just ignoring the lines for now whilst we work on correcting it along with new features.
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Ensi Ferrum

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2017, 02:28:15 PM »
This is my code:
Code: [Select]
Set small int (condition) [n_VA_landing_pad] value to 0
Set small int (condition) [n_VA_landing_pad] value to the value of [{INT:EDDI docking granted landingpad}]
Write '[Blue] n_VA_landing_pad = {INT:n_VA_landing_pad}' to log
Write '[Blue] EDDI docking granted landingpad = {INT:EDDI docking granted landingpad}' to log
Execute command, '((EVAEDDI: Andocken gewährt))' (and wait until it completes)

The VA log says:
EDDI docking granted landingpad = 16
n_VA_landing_pad = Not set

With this code there is no problem:
Begin Text Compare : [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged target}] Contains 'Hyperspace'
    Pause 7 seconds
    Execute command, '((MReden: 1 - 4))' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, '((EVAEDDI: Springen))' (and wait until it completes)
    Write '[Blue] EDDI fsd engaged target = {TXT:EDDI fsd engaged target}' to logEnd Condition
Begin Text Compare : [{TXT:EDDI fsd engaged target}] Contains 'Supercruise'
    Execute command, '((MReden: 1 - 4))' (and wait until it completes)
    Execute command, '((EVAEDDI: Reisen))' (and wait until it completes)
    Write '[Blue] EDDI fsd engaged target = {TXT:EDDI fsd engaged target}' to log
End Condition

Entering Supercruise returns
EDDI fsd engaged target = Supercruiseand entering Hyperspace returns
EDDI fsd engaged target = Hyperspace

sutex

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2017, 02:30:17 PM »
not one of our profiles Pfeil :)

looks to be an issue with EDDI as far as I can tell. What I can tell you is that ship loadout and cargo lines in the journal have changed in 2.3 of elite so I'm not sure if eddi has been updated to work with that yet. Our plugin hasn't been updated so we are just ignoring the lines for now whilst we work on correcting it along with new features.

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/294579-EDDI-Windows-app-for-immersion-and-more?p=5419606&viewfull=1#post5419606

And EDDI , is 'suggesting' its VA.. since for me I'm getting an error output
The one error message I get in Voice attack is  "failed to invoke action profile"
http://voiceattack.com/smf/index.php?topic=1098.0

Side note
With the issues I'm having ( like the NOT SET ) a Clean install of EDDI VA HSC , seems like a good idea ( maybe)
So what has to be deleted with VA HSC  to enure a clean install , and what critical data can I save ?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 04:40:46 PM by sutex »

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2017, 05:19:41 PM »

"failed to invoke action profile"

This is generated via EDDI in swagger-ui.min.js. 

If, 'Not Set' is getting written to the VA log, *something* is writing it to the VA log.

To do a clean install of VA, you'll first want to export any of the profiles you want to keep. 

Then, you need to delete the user.config associated with VA, which means deleting the entire VoiceAttack.com directory.  This is usually located in C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Local

You'll then want to delete the VoiceAttack.dat file (including backups), which means deleting the C:\Users\Your User Name\AppData\Roaming\VoiceAttack folder.

Do an uninstall of VoiceAttack through the control panel, which will preserve your subfolders (apps/sounds), or, if you really want it all gone just delete the entire install directory which is usually C:\Program Files (x86)\VoiceAttack

That's all there is to it.  There are some registry entries for the trial and/or the Hue demo if you used them, but they don't affect anything.  If having them there is messing with your Chi, just delete the entire key:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\VoiceAttack.com

sutex

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2017, 05:33:26 PM »
Oh God , I hope I don't start a Godzilla battle ..:)  I think Jpm missed my link and didn't pick up TheThingIs comments
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/294579-EDDI-Windows-app-for-immersion-and-more?p=5419839&viewfull=1#post5419839
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 05:39:09 PM by sutex »

sutex

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2017, 06:56:12 PM »
Anyone know what this NOT SET is about ?!

TheThingIs

• Global Moderator
    • HCS Voicepacks
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »
Not Set usually appears when you are trying to display a variable in the log window and it has not been set to anything...maybe an eddi variable which doesn't work anymore or you've misspelled something
The Singularity profile - One profile to rule them all and at HCS we bound them ;)

You see, TheThingIs, eventually you'll be allright.

Gary

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2017, 07:28:28 PM »
A variable in VA can have a value (Set) or not have a value (Not Set).  It is the same thing as saying, 'null', except non-programmers don't know what, 'null' is, and generally programmers can make the connection.  If you write a value to the log with a token, instead of a blank (or, 'null'), you will see, 'Not Set'.  The reason it's not blank is because blank is a valid value and you'll want to see quickly when something is wrong with your script.  So, if you have a text variable, 'myVariable', and you don't ever set the value and you do a Write to Log '{TXT:myVariable}', the log will show, 'Not Set' (because you didn't set it to a value (or even blank (empty)).  Or, as TheThingIs pointed out, if you set myVariable to a value and then do a '{TXT:vyMaribael}' (misspelled), you'll see, 'Not Set'.