Author Topic: Editing arma3 keyboard bind "~" to "/"  (Read 4509 times)

OldDogBlue

Editing arma3 keyboard bind "~" to "/"
« on: April 02, 2017, 01:51:37 PM »
I am a nooby!...in fact, I am such a nooby I haven't even been born a nooby yet.  I have tried every voice activated command  program out there.  The best that I have used is VoiceAttack with Woofer profile.  Woofer identified a problem with his latest profile, as I said in the title it is replacing the ~ with a /.  I have found the keyboard binds for Army 3, but I can't figure out how to edit them.

2.  Woofer also said I would need to add 2 commands to get the Command "retreat" working properly.  I presume that I will use VoiceAttack's  " Add a new command feature" to add the new commands toWoofer's profile ...any mysteries doing that?

3.  How do I save the default keybinds, before I go messing around with the keys.

Could you help this unborn nooby?

Thanks

Pfeil

• Global Moderator
  • RTFM
Re: Editing arma3 keyboard bind "~" to "/"
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:13:09 PM »
I have found the keyboard binds for Army 3, but I can't figure out how to edit them.
Are you referring to the ingame binds stored in the .Arma3Profile file, or the ones VoiceAttack sends to the game?

2.  Woofer also said I would need to add 2 commands to get the Command "retreat" working properly.  I presume that I will use VoiceAttack's  " Add a new command feature" to add the new commands toWoofer's profile ...any mysteries doing that?
What in that command isn't working properly? Did the author of the 3rd party profile you're using tell you what exactly needs to change?

3.  How do I save the default keybinds, before I go messing around with the keys.
Again, it depends on which binds you're referring to.
For the ingame ones you can back up your copy of the .Arma3Profile file.
The VoiceAttack binds are stored inside the .vap that you imported, so would be reset if you import it again(though so would any changes you made to the profile if you overwrite everything).

Alpha-Kilo

Re: Editing arma3 keyboard bind "~" to "/"
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2017, 09:14:38 AM »
OldDogBlue,

I am sure Woofer will see this and comment on his "retreat" command. But I can give you some general info about Arma. Arma can be quite complicated, especially to a new player. I always suggest to play Arma in a squad or unit with other players. Most players are very friendly and helpful. If you need help how to get in touch with the community, just let me know.

If you want to do it by yourself use online resources, the Bohemia Interactive forum is a good starting point. For specific questions, such as yours, search Google and Youtube. You will find a lot of useful stuff.

Here is a tutorial which explains how to save your full player profile with all your settings, completed missions etc.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uXsWF5GxI

But if you just want to edit individual key bindings this is not necessary. You said you found the key bindings. (Play a mission with all your preferred mods loaded, press Escape, go to Options, find Controls). A window opens where you can choose between viewing and editing keys for the vanilla game or for add-ons. That's why it makes sense to do this with activated add-ons. To edit a command double-click the existing one and then simply type the new one. You' don't have to backup your player profile if you just want to be able to undo your changes. Just click on "cancel" and you will get the original key back. Here is a video which discusses several custom key bindings: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_uXsWF5GxI . Watch the first few minutes to see how to edit keys.

I hope this helps.
----------------------------------------------------------------
SPEAKEASY - voice control for Arma 3:
http://voiceattack.com/SMF/index.php?topic=1494.0
----------------------------------------------------------------